F1 in 2016

Keith

OK. WE are now entering F1 Silly Season..

Driver predictions for 2017: Rosberg to Ferrari, Alonso to Mercedes. Raikkonen gets to spend more time in his ice cream parlour..

Van Doorne to McLaren (obviously)

Jenson to Williams, Massa gets to spend more time with his family..

Palmer gets to spend more time with his father, Grosjean moves to Renault..

Rossi to Hass..

Anyone else?

Oh yes, Dani K gets to spend some time in the Lubyanka next year, heading up a 'Steering Committee' on Road Safety..

Anyone else?

OK. WE are now entering F1 Silly Season..

Driver predictions for 2017: Rosberg to Ferrari, Alonso to Mercedes. Raikkonen gets to spend more time in his ice cream parlour..

Van Doorne to McLaren (obviously)

Jenson to Williams, Massa gets to spend more time with his family..

Palmer gets to spend more time with his father, Grosjean moves to Renault..

Rossi to Hass..

Anyone else?

Oh yes, Dani K gets to spend some time in the Lubyanka next year, heading up a 'Steering Committee' on Road Safety..

Anyone else?

Oh and where might Mr Stappen going.............

Keith

Well it seems reasonably clear that they (RB) pulled the old switcheroo to nail him for 2017, so I suspect, nowhere..plus they can outspend anyone so if money is the object, it won't be if you get my meaning. He doesn't need to rush into Ferrari, especially as they are seemingly beginning to perfect the old Italian/Chinese Fire Drill approach to F1. Just like the good old days..

However...

Kimi holds the key to the entire shebang I think..

I'm amazed that there has been virtually no comments on the Mercedes smashing get together (what? you didn't get an invite?) or Snottstappens perfect drive on this thread.

What gives?

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I think Pete alluded to the young man's "fantastic drive".

Regarding the Mercedes duo, I found it interesting that LH could safely avoid an accident when NR passed him on the first corner, but that this skill was not reciprocated, on the wrong side of the racing line, after fumbling with some settings, all the way to the white line. NR's fanaticism toward beating LH was pretty apparent.

That's my perception and opinion of what happened, but there are other much more experienced drivers here that most likely saw it a different way.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think Nicki Lauder summed it in the post race interview he said words to the effect that it was unacceptable and Lewis could have backed out of it.

I'm amazed that there has been virtually no comments on the Mercedes smashing get together (what? you didn't get an invite?) or Snottstappens perfect drive on this thread.

What gives?

The reason there are no comments us because we are not allowed to comment on the race for 24 hours or so to allow those in different time zones to watch the recorded race.
It's a stupid rule as by then, we've lost interest and moved on!

Lol !!
image1-2.JPG

The reason there are no comments us because we are not allowed to comment on the race for 24 hours or so to allow those in different time zones to watch the recorded race.
It's a stupid rule as by then, we've lost interest and moved on!

Hi Chris, agree with BOTH your posts!

Can we get a general consensus then, that we can comment immediately after the race?
Those in different time zones can then avoid looking his thread until they have watched their recording.
As a comparison, I avoid looking at news sites and facebook etc. Until after I have watched the race if I have recorded it.
What does the moderator think?

Back