Ferrari Auction

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pretty cool and sage advice!

"The some greater fool will pay more" Good quote!

and yes the automobile market has had its ebbs and flows.. We seem to be caught in the midst of its directional change right now..

Great advice Jim !!

Question, I think a 500 Superfast in black went up for sale. If so, did it sell?

As you noted, I remember seeing a / the car in Maranello before it was delivered to Saudi Arabia (assuming this is the same car), and I fell in love with it. This was in June 1966, literally 2 weeks and 2 days after Ferrari lost Le Mans. We further had a tour through the racing shop, F1 cars were being worked on right next to the P3s !!!

Best
Dom

Great advice Jim !!

Question, I think a 500 Superfast in black went up for sale. If so, did it sell?

As you noted, I remember seeing a / the car in Maranello before it was delivered to Saudi Arabia (assuming this is the same car), and I fell in love with it. This was in June 1966, literally 2 weeks and 2 days after Ferrari lost Le Mans. We further had a tour through the racing shop, F1 cars were being worked on right next to the P3s !!!

Best
Dom

I think it did.

Those were the days.

Best

Nice discussion.
I find we agree on collectables as investments, and ties... Just not Veyrons... ;)

Seriously though, great advice!

One comment - a P3/Mk4/250/917 will always be a P3/Mk4/250/917 (barring disaster), money is just money, a means to an end at best.
Buy what you love then love what you buy.
(If you're really lucky you can do it with those you really love by your side).

Tim.

P.S. I'd rather have the Mk4 than Microsoft. I bet it hasn't crashed as often...

Jim,

If only I remembered to use the internet more often. The 500 Superfast sold in Maranello was not the car I saw in 1966 (black with beige interior). The car sold in Maranello was a 1965 with black interior. Anyway I can still hope the Saudi owner hopes to sell it one day with delivery milage only !!!

Back