Floods

Keith

OK here it is. The British public are being battered by high winds and huge seas. Many of them do not know how much more they can take and desperation is setting in.

The question is, should they go home before or after tea-time?

Also,

Children are seriously at risk of being 'washed away' say parents.

Perhaps you'd better stop treating the coastline like a theme park then mate....

Oh my god!

A garden shed blew over last night in Porthmadog last night and a child's trampoline cannot be located.

Apparently, this equates to Armageddon?!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
9 mile trip to work this morning was 1 hour 20 minutes (Nornally 20 - 25)

No accidents
No Rain
Dry roads
No roadblocks
Had to cross the Thames at Hampton Court and yes the river was flowing fast but not overly serious still easily inside it's banks - yes the marine repair shop is flooded but it is at normal river level - tough!

So why did it take so long
Well obviously everyone has to look at the river - it has been the same for the last week!
And then you have to drive carefully at 10mph on a dry road in daylight

Keith why did you send the Darwin recipients up here?

Keith

To be honest, the rubberneckers are not the only selfish bastards around. I thought David was joking when he said he was going to have a free meal on Age Concern for all the flooded pensioners in Marlow, but he's only gone and done it.

Took a walking stick and got his free meal! How do you like the nerve of the man!

He's not poor and for my money, he's taking bread out of the mouths of vulnerable people.

I'm speechless.

I thought David was something of a Liberal but as time goes on he's turned into a die hard Conservative as that is what I might expect from them. He's now got most of the Americans on ignore (he thinks they're too soft) and gave me a right walloping over his car - I thought I was helping.

What's come over the man?

Are these the actions of a Liberal? :veryangry:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Liberal? Bollocks.
It's all so much fun. The mayor of Marlow sat down to lunch today. He's not flooded out and he is loaded. If he can, anybody can. Its out of the local purse in spite of camerons utterances.
The ignore button means Ron has a bit of peace and quiet because I was always emailing him about his mates. He told me to use it and its so much more quiet now.
Keith, I'll come down and bring you one of their lunches and you can microwave it.
You probably won't eat it though.
Cars and people? I don't really care
what anyone thinks. As you well know.
I only care about good wines.
Political I am not . I leave all that shit to the Americans on this site and clearly they have no idea what they are spouting about. Which is why they are on ignore.

Keith

Liberal bollocks eh?

Oh well, I had you tagged wrong mate....
Better get your snout in the trough then.... :shifty:

Keith

Mr Morton's last job as a pilot before retirement..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR9Zdgv2Kag"]Hale and Pace - Yorkshire Airlines - YouTube[/ame]

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's raining stair rods right now and so heavy its difficult to see the end of the garden. The carp will be able to run around on the lawn very soon.
There are now two sittings for lunch at the Age Concern though I think some of the diners are not Marlovians.
We have two generators on standby and enough fuel for about 48 hours. If I ever do the electrics for another house, I will include a change over from mains to generators so that the central heating will remain operational without doing a rewire. For the moment we have 5.2 kw available ( and it's square wave!!!!).
The forecast: more significant rain overnight with stronger winds.
This is getting a bit annoying.

Keith

Masterful understatement. So English. Only topped by the CO of the Gloucester Reg at the Battle of the Imjin River, who, when asked what his (extremely dire) situation was by the American Brigade Commander replied that "things are getting a little sticky" (rough translation: "I have my balls in a vice, have suffered 60% casualties, are vastly outnumbered and running out of ammo. Please assist soonest.")

The American officer not being au fait with Classic British understatement, quite understandably interpreted the comment as "situation manageable", but in fact, the Gloucesters were outnumbered 100-1 and were about to be overrun...

Ergo, the Gloucesters didn't get reinforced/supplied and were left to their own devices.

True story

Masterful understatement. So English. Only topped by the CO of the Gloucester Reg at the Battle of the Imjin River, who, when asked what his (extremely dire) situation was by the American Brigade Commander replied that "things are getting a little sticky" (rough translation: "I have my balls in a vice, have suffered 60% casualties, are vastly outnumbered and running out of ammo. Please assist soonest.")

The American officer not being au fait with Classic British understatement, quite understandably interpreted the comment as "situation manageable", but in fact, the Gloucesters were outnumbered 100-1 and were about to be overrun...

Ergo, the Gloucesters didn't get reinforced/supplied and were left to their own devices.

True story

Almost sounds like the Captain of BA Flight 9 on 24 June 1982: "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress."

Back