For those running 325/15 nittos...

how did you guys make it so they dont rub?
mine rub a little bit on the passeger (rear, obviously) side just from taking a corner aggressively.
i know theres others here running it and no one has said they have rubbing issues....
looks like im looking for new tires.
damn

Last edited:
I have no rubbing issues with my tires. Is there chafing on the inside of the rear clip or on the tires themselves, or is just a sound you are hearing?

Mike

Mike,
I guess it depends on which suspension/body type you have. Some of the cars such as RCR can be rather wide. My body style is rather old(10 years) and has never been worked on til now. When I got the car it had 295's on it and they just did tuck under the arches. Don't know if they rubbed anywhere as it had never been driven. My 325s stuck out beyond my wells. and the hit the arch when I took it off the stand, so I went the wider body route which is what I wanted anyway. Compare these shots.

Bill
gt4088.jpg

Picture119.jpg

P1010001-1.jpg

Nice pics.

mike, the problem is that you have to jack up the rear end fairly high to get those tires to clear. we only have abt 3" or so of shock travel. raising the rear hgt to clear the tires leaves abt a half inch of rebound travel on the shocks.
what that means is if you hit a decent dip in the road, especially going around a corner, the wheel will have no where to go and will probably lift off the ground.

Mike, would you say you have more, or less, clearance between the tire and the wheel arch as shown in the attached pic? Again, is there any chafing in the paint in the wheel arch?

Mike

Attachments

• wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 212
mike,
what that pic doesnt show is how much rebound travel you have left in your suspension.
where i had mine was not quite as high as yours, but rebound travel was a concern. i didnt have enough rebound travel left in the suspension after jacking the car high enough to accommodate the wheels.
this may not be a concern to you if you baby the car around. you probably wont have any issues, but if youre doing say 80 and hit a dip in the road it may become an issue.

no prob....i buckled under and bought the avons. for the rear anyway.
i have the nittos....ill probably put them up for sale.

Back