Ford Dealers please read

Is this a forum of enthusiasts buying, selling, trading parts and information or is it a billboard for dealer sales? I am sure there are members out there thinking "why should I send money to a forum that supports dealer sales when the dealers don't pay a dime?". I believe in capitalism too and believe they should be charged a fee to advertize here. If the fee is too high, that's the perogative of the forum. I do not believe the dealers will add a thing to this forum. They are, as a lot, not enthusiasts and when the cars are gone they will be as well.Maybe this forum should take advantage of the GT as the dealers are doing to make a few extra bucks.

Ron Earp

Admin
I have to agree with the majority of the posts here. Earl, much as I hate to say it the MSRP or not rule isn't going to work well. The poster would still be the same people we're not trying to attract - someone here to make a buck or not. Maybe I should just issue a statement that dealers that want to advertise should contact me and pay a small fee - seems every other forum in the world does it so maybe we should too. J What is right on the money - we're the people that use the damn thing but we're paying. They get good use out of it and don't pay a dime. I apologize upfront for any dealers that don't fit our stereotype that our offended, but you've got to understand we've been here over 3 years and we frequently get folks with their first post saying "I've got this GT40 for sale....".

Ron, I like your idea. Dealers should pay to advertise here, just like they would on any other forum. If they are paying, who cares if they want a million bucks for a $140k car?

Whew!
Quite an emotional subject.
Bottom line seems to be that dealers should pay for their
advertising....just a matter of deciding how/how much.

Going slightly off thread (not too much I hope)...

How many people have watched Barrett Jackson Auto Search
on Speed? Talk about "Market Price"...BJ gives a group of sharks $ 100k to buy cars from the public, shine them up,
take them to a BJ auction, and see which shark can make the most profit. Almost enough to make me throw a brick thru the TV.

MikeD

Howard Jones

Supporter
I'm pretty much over the new GT and it's not on the street yet. It's not a GT40 and that's what I'm interested it.

The GT is just another new car. Now if someone offers a spaceframe and GRP body for one of them then I'll be interested again. Hummmmmmmm stroker 351 mated to a RBT gearbox in one and keep it under 2500 pounds. THATS what I'm talking about.

As far as the dealers selling them. Well they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I'll never buy one. It's just another new car. Been there done that.

Ron Earp

Admin
Same for me Howard. It isn't a GT40, only a shadow of one in my opinion. They need to add a LOT of lightness and power to get it into the playing field of performance with many of the replicas. Don't get me wrong, it is strong and good for Ford, but it isn't going to be anything like a 500hp replica at 2400lbs. Of course, many replicas are much more modest but lets not talk about those.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I have to admit my prejudices here- I seldom buy new cars (can't recall the last one) and I'm annoyed by Ford dealers, who are not enthusiasts, coming onto a Forum which is maintained by and for enthusiasts and using it for free publicity. Mind you, I am also a dedicated proponent of free speech and if it came down to that, would rather pay at my expense for someone else to have the right to say what they please..than cut them off.
But, using our Forum as free advertising ISN'T speech; all I've seen from dealers is "Buy It Here, From Us". For all I know, Ford isn't happy with the dealers speculating in the cars, or trying to. After all, we know Ford will sell every Ford GT they make- what happens to them after that doesn't affect FoMoCo- they can't decide to charge the dealers more or make them bid for the cars.
I'm willing to admit that the group at Ford who designed and are building the car are enthusiasts- but dealers aren't, to them the cars are just units to be moved at the maximum price. And this is an enthusiast's forum. I still feel that commercial ads, like from Ford dealers, should not be available for free. They, of all folks, can afford to cough up a few bucks for the privilege.

This one is just for fun, I still DON'T WANT to have anything to do with them/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 34379-PICFORD1.JPG
    34379-PICFORD1.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 394
I don't think that any Ford dealer should be allowed to advertise their GT's on the forum.

ALL new car dealers and I mean ALL car dealers have a rep amongst them that believe our plastic fantastics are just plain plastic crap!

If someone really wants a GT i'm sure they'll get one some way or another.

Car dealers are your best friend when they want something, your money, and then they roll you over and shaft you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I know we are all better then that!

J.P

[ QUOTE ]
JP,

I think that "shafting", comes standard,

along with the warranty? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder if you can get shafting in different colors? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Earl, different colours is right. Different diameters too, but always bigger than you would prefer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
Bud... when I done painting mine we are going to have to line all three of ours up infront of that sign. 3 for $400K? Then we can all build another one. NAAAAAAAAAA!

Howard Jones

Supporter
I think we might get a free lunch out of it just for parking the cars in front of the place for a couple of hours.
By the way I started removing bettys bumps, and most of the front clip is done along with the back. The lower windshield fit line on the front clip came out very good.
I hope to be ready for paint by the end of spring. A couple of more months of the f@#*ing dust and I'll be done.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think anybody is going to get one for msrp.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you willing to wager?

the first bunch of units may go at stupid prices, but there aren't 3500 buyers out there for this car priced at $200K or thereabouts. probably not even 500. maybe not even 250.

in fact, i maintain there aren't 3500 buyers for the car at $150K, but clearly i'm in the minority on that opinion.

pent up demand is different than ongoing demand. very different.

doody.

PS: thank you ron and earl for beating the wolves down. we're not sheep. we don't need shearings.

Agreed...speculation will eventually cool down and some of these will sell for MSRP....maybe even less in a year or two. But I suspect (other than dealers) most buyers
will pay over MSRP this year. Next year, after most dealers who want a car for themselves are satisfied, the frenzy
will diminish....but I still see all 4500 selling out.
No discounts or rebates will be required.

MikeD

Back