Forum members meet up at 2006 Goodwood Revival Meeting?

Hi All,

Ron Earp and I have been corresponding about the possibility of some, hopefully several forum members meeting up at next year’s Goodwood Revival Meeting in September.

I’ve been there twice, in 2000 and 2003 and all I can say that IMHO it’s the most magic of all motor racing events. Where in the world would you see Stirling Moss, Phil Hill, Jack Brabham, David Piper, Jochen Mass, Derek Bell, Agostini and a great many more famous drivers and riders wandering around the paddock surrounded by some of the most famous racing cars and bikes in world from the 1920s to the 1960s period. And as you take in the amazing scenes a Spitfire, Hurricane and Mustang fly low overhead.

Then there are the many side shows and stalls and of course when it comes to dressing for the occasion no one does it better than the Brits!

I’m posting pics from a Goodwood Revival CD and will then give it a rest to check reaction. I’ll then post a few pics I took and some from a magazine.

We could select our own spot and make that our HQ. Would be great to put faces to all those well-known names!

Anyone rushing to sign up?

Best wishes,
Andre 40

Attachments

• 62207-Rev01.jpg
    62207-Rev01.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 282
Scary to see cars worth millions driven at the limit!

Attachments

• 62210-Rev14.jpg
    62210-Rev14.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 277
Sir Stirling leads in Aston-Martin DB3S

Attachments

• 62213-Rev25.jpg
    62213-Rev25.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 317
Sir Jack still at it, aged 80 next April!

Attachments

• 62215-Rev26.jpg
    62215-Rev26.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 293
No I don't harvesting above, but possibly making hay whilst the sun shines!

Just check the naughty twinkles in those eyes. Pity the younger generation missed out on

Whoops, try again!

Just check the naughty twinkles in those eyes! Pity the younger generation missed out on
stockings and suspender belts. You can see it at Goodwood but I wouldn't suggest lifting the
dresses to have a closer look. But then you might just be lucky!!

Attachments

• 62220-Rev34.jpg
    62220-Rev34.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 283
Could romance have been more exciting during WW11? If not romantic certainly short-lived in many
cases. Pretty nurse! Make you feel better right away!

Attachments

• 62224-Rev46.jpg
    62224-Rev46.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 260

Howard Jones

Supporter
If someone over there could do some ground work on the avalibility of tickets to the event, hotels nearby, booking a resturant for a get together, etc. then maybe.......

Back