pics on their website, but details are
obviously left out.

I wish ERA would share some of their ideas
with the public, or at least sell certain
items. I'm not complaining, but the rear
vent is a really nice idea.

Ian

Hi Julian,
I have opened up the centre duct (and moved it back to the correct position) on my car.
I fabricated an inlet section from aluminium which protrudes through the base of the windscreen surround so that the front section locates into it.
Inside the car a 50mm dia tube is welded onto the aluminium duct and air is taken out both sides to the eyeball vents with flexible pipe. Ive welded in a water trap with a drain tube which vents out into the sill in front of the nearside fuel tank. It works o.k. but would benefit from the assistance of a small fan to push the air through with a bit more velocity.

Roy, I have done a similar setup, but without using the tubing. Just tonight I finished making an ally scoop that sits at the base of the windsheild, just infront of the pedal box access. The scoop meets the centre NACA duct & simply flows the air into the footwell.

I haven't road tested it yet, but previous to this mod the cockpit seemed to draw in fumes, Now I'm hoping there will be enough airflow to stop this.

However it will let in water, I'll deal with that at a later date. I'll think about connecting the eyeballs to the side NACA's at a later date. Perhaps in the meantime I'll get to see some other cras & steal ideas!!

Hi Julian (or anyone else out there)
Do you have the dimensions and positions for the ducts. Trying to get exact positions from a pic is not easy. My car is (or will be eventually)technically a MkIII replica which I believe did not have these ducts but I agree they do make the car look sooo much better.
cheers
Dave

Yogi,

I don't have the dimensions, they were already moulded in to the front clam.

Looking at the pics of the RML factory visit, their front clam only has the side NACA dutcs, & someone on this thread mentioned the centre duct is wrong on the GTD....

Hello, !

Those "air tunnels" throu the doors and those venting the seats was just on prototype cars.
Not on production cars.
It did not work very well and it stealed to much power that was wanted in other places.
Taking the car forwards !
Left and right Naca ducts to L and R Bull´s eye´s vents in the front of the dash board.
Center Naca in to dash board to let out air throu grille in top of Dashboard.
Making the dashboard it self a water trap !
Wich you could fit a drain hose or pipe.
Roof outlet´s were of different types and were almost only made to early cars.
Racing cars.
Duct´s on both sides of radiator in take are routed to each front brake disc.
On road cars they did not mount the last hose to actual disc.
Upper side scoops were to fed air to the carb(s).
Lower larger side scoops were splitted inside.
A small tunnel for air into engine bay.
A larger tunnel for the rear brake discs.
These last hoses for the rear discs to be actually connected were also left out on the road cars.

My try to help !

Regards,

Back