Fuel senders "capacitance"

AKA "dip tank" or "tube" senders.
I know Paul Walton used them in his build and was kind enough to pass on the mfr's details, but does anybody have any alternative sources?
I have tanks with no baffles fitted so the ides is to fill them with an "explosafe" style of foam to stop fuel sloshing around too much. (which means the standard sender units wouldn't work)
Many thanks

Simon

Simon

I had fun with these sender units. You need to be sure of the resistance characteristics of the gauge that you intend to use.
Most makes work on resistance in ohms but to confuse the situation some read high ohms whem full some high ohms when empty; also the range in ohms varies.
There are dip tube senders that can be cut to length and recalibrated but I found these to be expensive.
VDO make a range of these that come in set lengths but the but the full - empty ohms were the wrong way round for my Stewart Warner gauges. SW have a range called 'intellesensor' or something like that try their website; I imported mine from the USA.

Rgards
Steve

Attachments

• http www.sw-performance.com index.pdf
    61.5 KB · Views: 293
I am using the centroid unit in mine. I calibrated the guage rather easily. Mine has a warning lite feature on it as well, which will come in handy as I am using it on one tank only with a crossover lline from the driver's side which gets the overflow from the swirl pot.

Bill

Back