Garage - What features would you select?

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks much. The garage matches the house precisely, has to for the neighborhood rules. All brick, fully trimed, dental trim, etc. Nice, but definitely I could have had a steel garage, 100'x40', for less money - no kidding. But I have not enough property for that and can't put something "unattractive" on my residential property.

I got one of these vent fans from Northern Tool:

exhaust from Northern Tool + Equipment

16" model was enough for my garage and will set up a mean draft with the garage door cracked 2". There are certainly more expensive units available but these are pretty nice and have good features - pre-wired, pull chain, and have the louvers/cage included.

R

The important question IS,,,,,,,

What did you do with that yellow outhouse that was on the previous pictures??? I know you are partial to color yellow,,,so where did you hide it? Also, what's with all does ENGLISH flags? Are you drinking tea ,,now?!

Chuck

Supporter
Ron:

Maybe someone already suggested, but if not: Good size flat screen TV so you can watch the Speed Channel, should you ever need inspiration. If you think this idea is crazy, like cupholders on a GT, at least run the cable so you can change you mind later.

Chuck

I just installed three of these garage door openers in my new three-car detached garage: LIFTMASTER JACKSHAFT GARAGE DOOR OPENER 3800

A really nice alternative to the standard suspended track lifter as it's very compact and quiet, and you don't have to figure out how to suspend a heavy motor and track above your expensive collector car. Installation is a piece of cake. The liftmaster is typically about $350 from a variety of online retailers but I found them for $290 at one place in the midwest.

... to remove my 3.9 Quaiffe differential, replace with a 3.56 welded differential...

Ron,

What do you mean by welded diff, a mig diff, 100% LSD?

John

PS. Nice garage, I will have a similar space hopefully next january/february when the new house is finished.

Back