GOX Mono Kit

At the time I got those prices the dollar was much stronger and it would have been in the 50K range. I thought his space frame kits of 10k, 12.5k and 16k were quite reasonable. Especially the 3rd which has wilwood brakes complete, steel roof, A and B pillar.
I still think there is a market for a less expensive kit using a vette as a donar. I liked the one RCR used to have.
Bottom line I found Goran very nice and never once did he say or insinuate an attitude of "if you have to ask you can't afford" to me.

Thanks
Jim N

Rune

Supporter
I think that most people that want a gt40, buy the look-alike because there are no originals for sale at a fair price,and they get a fast and great car with the replica . I also have a replica witch I have on the road . But I also "grab" the possibility that passsed my face with the GOX project. It is a once in a lifetime project.
The unike with this and other special projects are, You have to be on the station with the ticket when the train leave, if You want to be on it.
All the others take the train that go every day. And get a very nice car.
Rune

Reading between the lines on this thread it would appear that Goran/Gox has or had a licence from someone to produce only twenty mono type cars from the original factory drawings, whether that licence provider is Ford or someone further down the GT40 design rights chain is a matter that could be debated forever.
Costs & other related matters aside , they appear to be well built and look the part from pics I have seen. Given that the 20 have apparently just about if not all been spoken for only time will tell if these have been a good investment. At the moment given the price some other replicas are reaching @ auction the depreciation is similar to the average road car.

BUT at the end of the day they are still a replica, albeit a very good one. You pays your money & you get/got what you hopefully wanted! :) Keep it for 30 years & pass it on to your grandkids along with a recipe for some synthetic fuel replacement & they might be able to make a $$ out of the car!!

Reading between the lines on this thread it would appear that Goran/Gox has or had a licence from someone to produce only twenty mono type cars from the original factory drawings, whether that licence provider is Ford or someone further down the GT40 design rights chain is a matter that could be debated forever.
Costs & other related matters aside , they appear to be well built and look the part from pics I have seen. Given that the 20 have apparently just about if not all been spoken for only time will tell if these have been a good investment. At the moment given the price some other replicas are reaching @ auction the depreciation is similar to the average road car.

BUT at the end of the day they are still a replica, albeit a very good one. You pays your money & you get/got what you hopefully wanted! :) Keep it for 30 years & pass it on to your grandkids along with a recipe for some synthetic fuel replacement & they might be able to make a $$ out of the car!!

You dont know what you are talking about. GOX/Goran have invested a fortune in new tools and other supplies. He is now setting up a new factory for this project. WHY SHOULD HE LIMIT THIS PRODUCTION TO ONLY 20 MONOS.

BTW - there is still NO GOX-mono on the road - ??????

You dont know what you are talking about. GOX/Goran have invested a fortune in new tools and other supplies. He is now setting up a new factory for this project. WHY SHOULD HE LIMIT THIS PRODUCTION TO ONLY 20 MONOS.

I would say because Rune implied that only 20 will be made and after that stiff s--t you will miss the train but every one else is leaving the station while you are not holding a ticket or something off that nature.

Who cares

Good luck to Goran he builds a sensational product.
Not everyone can afford a gt40 full stop ,spaceframe or otherwise.
IM happy.

Jim

BTW - there is still NO GOX-mono on the road - ??????

Czan, If you would care to read post #14 on this thread, It was Rune who suggested that the production run was to be limited to 20. As I stated at the beginning I was reading -between - the lines from the info given here to date. As a point of interest I did have a look on the- sportscar se- site a couple of days ago and there had been a similar comment on that forum about the Mono production run being a limited number, I read the whole thread & did not see any comment from Goran or others that might suggest otherwise.

Now, you obviously think you have information that suggests they will be made in larger numbers - great, go for it, I am all ears & eyes.

Rune

Supporter
The number of 20 cars is because when shearing the planned investment on each, the project will go out without negative cost,+ other things that not belong outside the owners circle. And 20 clones is enough to make them exlusive.
Just for info, I have been offered twice the cost of a car when finished, but I build this car for having fun for many years. I'll post pictures on the forum as soon as back from Sweden.
Rune

Regarding the title of this thread, “GOX mono kit”, does such creature exist at all? According to my understanding this project has been going on for years, but all we have actually been shown (except for the demonstrator chassis) are a few pieces of galvanized steel spot-welded together by Rune/Bune. It would be interesting to have some information about the current status. How close are GOX to deliver the kits to the 20 chosen ones?

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
I am not sure that I would buy one -"galvanized steel" In my opinion not a good choice of material, you don't get a good spot weld unless you remove the galvanizing first and it still rusts where the welds are in any event. Any other form of welding is similarly affected.
Good for roofing and rainwater tanks, I would suggest less than ideal for a 200MPH motor vehicle.

check it out - the new plant where gox40 will be produced

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/23986-assembling-monocoque-2.html#post227392

maybe this could be an answer to "Mattias" question above. As I intimated a few posts above: Why build a new plant from ground up just only for 20 cars/monoques. It make no sense ......... there will probably be made a bunch of replicas too but if you have all the facilities including tools and cad-drawings in your possession and a demand on the market for the real stuff why limit to only 20 cars?

This talk of only 20 exclusive vehicles might be nothing more than a marketing ploy.

I'm no expert, so someone please help me here.

In what way is the mythical GOX mono going to be better or more accurate than that what is supplied by hitech automotive in the superformance cars? Is it just the driver position and fitment of AC that is not prefered?

Cheers

Fred W B

Rune

Supporter
The Gox Mono is accurate the way the 2600 drawings say it should be. I'm sot sure that the others can say the same. I think that is the major difference.
All producers make good kits, but they are not exact the same.
Rune

Rune

Supporter
Mattias and czan You are both members of the swedish forum I asume, and by looking there You have the answers on lots of what You ask about.
Rune

-Well Rune, I would say that the question, “How close are GOX to deliver the kits to the 20 chosen ones?” still remains unanswered. The fact that GOX is putting up a new building only indicates that the focus temporarily has moved away from making cars. I certainly don’t wish to start a flame here but I really can’t see the point in all this secrecy. If such information has been made available on the Swedish forum, then I apologize for not being able to find it.

Back