GT replica car frame needed.

I need to locate a frame for a GT 40 replica. I am sure you guys know its just a replica made by Fiberfab - it has a boxed frame and corvair drive line including 4 speed tranny - I have searched - no good results.
I live in upstate NY - if theres any frame builders you could recommend or parts available please send me a message.
I appreciate allowing me to post this - Rick Zarbo

I don't think Fiberfab made a tube frame for a Corvair driveline. Kellison did.
If it is using the Corvair transaxle it could be a Fiberfab Valkyrie which used a V-8 engine.
[email protected]

Direct Inquiries : ...... 1 (541) 633-5807

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Fiberfab claimed to support the Corvair engine/transaxle(?) in the Avenger. I never saw or heard of one being assembled, but I thought it a good enough idea that I had started accumilating Corvair hot-rod gear in preparation for the event...which never happened, of course....

I could be mistaken, but IIRC the Corvair conversion used the VW pan and just reworked the chassis to accept the Corvair engine...might have even adapted to the VW transaxle, I don't recall the exact mechanism, but I recall clearly that there was that Corvair option.

The Valkyrie did use a tube frame with the mid-engine V-8 option...I saw one in Denver, CO.

The kit that interested me more was the V-8/Corvair conversion...a small block Chebby V-8 replaced the back seat and joined to the Corvair transaxle in a second-generation Corvair. I suspect there might still be some around...the name "V-8 Archie" comes to mind...but now I think he is more associated with V-8/Fiero combinations.

Geez....these memories are so old they are hard to....uh, I don't know, I forgot :embarassed: !

Have you tried the various Fiberfab, Avenger, Valkyrie forums elsewhere? They might be of more assistance.

Cheers from Doug!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Doug - the kit was called the Crown Corv-8 :

Corvair Crown Corv-8 Conversion

Ian

Yeah, I realized that while I was putzing around in the garage today, was going to correct myself. Thanks for doing it for me!

As I recall, there was not even a bulkhead between the driver's seat and the engine....must have been one hot mother!!!

Cheers!

Doug

Back