Turn Ten Racing Update TTR/GT Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrisMartino said:
I don't believe in deposits either - I charge the full 100% up front.

Works for me, haven't had a single complaint. Every business has it's own methodologies-

Chris ;)

;) That was hilarious Chris. We'll stick to 1/2 or 3rds depending on the kit for now.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Hi Jimmy - Lord no, not MDA as I believe they are 20% deposit, 40% to build and 40% upon delivery. I like the fact the payments are spread out but that's just me.

You can't compare $1200.00 graphic package to $120,000 GT but one should remember that every penny of a customer's money is important in every purchase they make. They don't know me from Adam but as long as I explain to them what they are purchasing, how the graphics are manufactured etc, they feel comfortable with the transaction and pay with good faith. I in turn deliver what they paid for and as long as they are happy and got what they were promissed (and a little bit more) - they come back or send me more business.

You have to love what you do and let the customer know you care about them more than anyone else - only then can you ask 100% up front with no questions asked (or at least in my little world). ;)

Cheers

Chris

ChrisMartino said:
You have to love what you do and let the customer know you care about them more than anyone else

I couldn't agree more. That's how we have run our Cobra business and that is how we will run our GT40 business, here in the U.S. and in Canada. We work with a great bunch of people in Quebec and they are all about quality and the customer.

I still don't think I would ask 100% up front though. Our engine guys in VA do that and I've always thought it would be better 50% down and 50% delivery. Their work has always been great, but it feels strange to pay the whole chunk up front. The GT deposit and payments will be in 3rds.

I believe this thread is getting off topic and I would like to get it back on track. I have just got off the phone with D&D in Quebec and told them to send me as much info and pictures as possible. They said they will get right on it. By the way a note for Canadian buyers, you will have to call D&D directly for pricing and availablity. We have been taking those calls here, but we just end up sending them to D&D's office in Chambly. Here is there number: 450.658.2315

:D

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
I would agree the topic has gotten off thread. I know all too well about losing money with a replica manufactuer. However, to assume every new player in the market has any similarity to the old RF is not quite fair to newcomers. Customers can certainly use their own judgement on how to pay for cars, kits, or build materials, but the deposit model is rather normal for the industry.

I hope Turn Ten gets off to a good start in the US and is successful with the car. There is certainly enough room for multiple players in the market at various levels.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back