GT40 gathering of enthusiasts, in Melbourne Australia

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
3rd Annual Daylesford Run - Bacchus Marsh to the Old Hepburn Pub: 20th December 2009

3rd Annual Daylesford Run - Bacchus Marsh to the Old Hepburn Pub: 20th December 2009

Hi guys,

It’s been a while since we ran this event, but it has proven to be one of the more exciting runs we have done. The plan is to meet in the township of Bacchus Marsh on Bacchus Marsh Rd outside the library at 9.00am for a 9.40am departure.
As per the last time, we are planning the route to Daylesford that will be made available on theday and which I am sure will prove to be a great scenic drive.

PM me or respond to this thread if you want to come along, as we will need to know numbers to pre book our meals at the pub.

Looking forward to this one, see photos above for the last two.

cheers

Bill H

Attachments

• 3rd Annual GT40 run to Hepburn Springs.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 366

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Bloody spammers......

This is meant to be a TTT post for the #rd Annual pre Christmas Daylesford pub run.....

Please read post #41 and send me a PM to let me know you are coming!

Cheers

Bill

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I nuked the spammer and his post Bill.. Hope you have a great turn-out!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks x 2 Randy.

Hope we do too! There are now 7 confirmed cars coming along, hope to get a few more and break into double figures.

Cheers

Bill

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter

Hi guys,
This is the final reminder to all those in South East of the Australian mainland wanting to get involved in a drive day through terrific countryside mixing it up with a bunch of GT40's.
There are currently 7 cars confirmed for the run from Bacchus Marsh (9.00am start) to the old Hepburn Pub in Dayelsford, with a few people showing up to see the cars off in Bacchus Marsh.
I know a number of forum members from the Melbourne and surrounding areas that are building cars would find the day highly motivational and give them a chance to meet like minded people for a fun day.
Send me a PM or respond to this thread if you intend on coming down.

Hope to see there on Sunday!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Well Sunday proved to be a great day, with 8 GT40's and an E-Type showing up for the drive. There were some new faces on the run which was great to see and some old ones... haha.

Hopefully there will be even more cars at next years event.

Here are some photos of the day.

Cheers

Bill

Attachments

• IMGP2115a.jpg
    IMGP2115a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 319
  • IMGP2116a.jpg
    IMGP2116a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 311
  • IMGP2119a.jpg
    IMGP2119a.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 287
  • IMGP2120a.jpg
    IMGP2120a.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMGP2121a.jpg
    IMGP2121a.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 303
Here’s a couple more.

Picture011-2.jpg

rsz_picture_001.jpg

A big thanks to Paul for letting me come along with him. It was a great day.

Cheers,
Danny

Thanks Bill & Chris for organising this event. I was my first ride in a GT40 and it gave me a big boost to know that building one, i will eventually be able to drive a great car.

It was also great to meet everyone that went to the day and share stories of various additional requirements while I'm in the build process.

Stew.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Chris
Doggy bag contacts- DVD of Team40 to NZ trip. Compiled by my daughter Natasha. Turned into a fantastic pictorial biography. Was a good day out got to ride in 2 GT40s, neither of them mine.

Ross:thumbsup:

Back