GT40 kva

Hello Everybody

I have just returned from a trip to london were i bought my first GT40
It is a KVA mark 1 that was finish with a lot of GTD parts and a lot of upgrades
like bigger brakes, the car is with a 302" and a 5 speed Renault transmission
the car is i great running condition, take a look at http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/67431.htm
The car i now in Denmark vere i live.

The reason for finding the car was Poul Bearman menber #95, he saw the car on pistonhead.
So all my thanks go to Poul.

Thanks from the very happy owner of a GT40

Per Clausen

Hello Espen

It is not registretet yet, and i know it would be a hard task,
but someone have to try to break down some beariers!

I will get back as soon as i know more

Re. Per Clausen

There is a Dane here following your progress with great interest. I talked to Michael Linder, he told me that someone he knew just bought a GT40. I guess it must be you he was talking about.

If the car is from 1982 you won't need crash tests and things like that (so in other words it should be possible). The only thing you will need is documentation for the steering collum, the brakes and seatbelts.

If the car has older registration papers (say from a donor vehicle) it might be possible to sneak it in as a pre 1977 car (which needs no documentation).

I'm very interested in knowing how it turns out.

Per,
you beat me! While I was still sending mails and waiting for answers you created facts...!
Congratulations to the car and have fun with it!
Aloys

Hi Per, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice to see that there is at least one GT40 in DK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Congrats on the car and good luck with the registration, I truly hope you'll make it!
Where are you located in Denmark? I myself live in Lunderskov, very near Kolding!

Regards

Carsten

Hi Kristian

It is me.

Michael linder have seen the car at my place last week.

The registration is still under way, at this moment i have a litle problem finding
the right seat belts, the car was fittet with racing seat belts, so i am replacing them
with regular 3 point belts.

Thanks for the interest.

Regards

Per Clausen

Hi Carsten

I am in Køge, were i have a company called Jacob Lynegaard Amerikanerdele A/S
i am dealing with parts for US cars, you can visit my home page on

www.lynegaard.dk

Thanks

Per clausen

PS. the car will be on the road very soon!

Hi
You may have the car that I built. If you search on Steveb it should turn up my post for the car when I sold it in 2003. I am happy to see the car is in good order. Best wishes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif
SteveB

Attachments

• 78991-CloseupGT402.jpg
    78991-CloseupGT402.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 335
Hello Steve

Very nice to hear from you Steve

you are right it is the car you build, i am very happy for my new car
i could se that it was a quality build car, with a lot of updates.

Also it is nice to know the history of the car, as you can see it is now in Denmark
vere i will take good care of it.

I have two question, did you do any welding on the front lower control arms.?
i looks like they have been welded. Also did you ever install regular seat belts,
i need to do so for my MOT here in Denmark?

Thanks for your reply, you can be proud of your work.

Per Clausen

Hi Per

I took about 5 years to build the car and went though several stages of building and re building, the adjustment to the bottom wishbones was in an effort to gain some lock without fouling the chassis. I am starting a new build, what was learned building your car will be a great help on the next one.
The car had full harness from all the time I had it.

Good luck

SteveB

Back