GT40 Party Party party Date Change

Howard Jones

Supporter
Gt40 party party party

All Gt40 builders, owners, and other serious fans of GT40s are invited to attend the 5th annual GT40 party at my house.

WHEN: September 27th 2008 11am - 6ish.

WHERE: My house, San Ramon California 94582. Exact address, directions and phone number will be forwarded via e-mail or PM.

WHAT: Bring your GT40 (we had 9 last year) or other really cool cars, a 6pack or so and a big smile.

Lunch will be at about 2ish. I'm doing burgers, corn on the cob, sallad and whatever this year.

GOAL: Double digit GT40s. Gotta get 10!!!!!

NOTES: Wives are welcome, mine will be there, and so are your kids as long as you watch them yourself. I have a pool in the backyard so if you want to swim then bring a suit. Please let me know if you can attend so I can plan lunch.

See ya all there!

Re: Gt40 party party party

Howard, shame it wasn't the weekend before, I'm in Cali from 10th and fly home on the 26th :(
Actually, weekend before wouldn't help as its the wifes birthday, and I'm sure I'd get shot if I suggested we went to a car meet on it :D

Shame, but I hope you all have a great time.

Re: Gt40 party party party

I can testify personally to Howard's hospitality.
My wife and I were on a family holiday in California and I invited myself to visit Howard when we were driving past from LA to San Fransisco.
When we arrived (complete with non-GT40 American friends), Howard rolled out the red carpet. There were 4 local '40s, including Bud Jones', food, drink and lots of petrolhead chat. We tore ourselves away after 3 or 4 hours and were very impressed by Howard's generosity and the friendliness of his group.
I can thoroughly recommend Howard's party and wish him well in achieving his goal of 10+ '40s.
Tony

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hello everyone, It is necessary to change the date to October 11th 11ish to 6ish in order to allow a couple of gys to attend. I have at least 6 cars lined up so far along with a daytona coupe and a couple of cobras. Gonna be fun.

San Ramon California 94582

Drop me a PM oe email for more info.

Howard Jones

Moderator. you can delete the other "party party party" post. Thanks

Hi Howard, Doreen and I would like to join you but our CAV is not doing well at the moment and the replacement ride won't be here for about 3 more weeks(hopefully I will be out of my neck brace and ready to build the thing when shows up).
Dave

Attachments

• PICT1727.JPG
    PICT1727.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 348
  • SPF2214.jpg
    SPF2214.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 317
Howard,

I'm good with pretty much any saturday given it doesn't rain.

BTW, it was good talking with you in Livermore a couple of weeks ago. Your car is fantastic!

Rich.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Dave. can you drink beer with a neck brace? You don't need a gt40 to drop by. I know it's a little bit of a drive but if you can make it then, I'll have one on ice for ya. Maybe next year.

I've got 9 GT40s comming so far. same as last year. We need one more for a record attendence. Comeon guys somebody's got one around here I don't know about. Fire it up and come on by.

Mike, bring the Pantera. we'll count it for 1/2 credit. You will however get full beers.

Rich, drop me a email and I'll send you the address, ph # etc. hope you can make it.

Thanks Drew,
Never want a 'drift' (thread or otherwise) to get too far out of control <grin>
Be nice if you can make it Briggs would be fun to talk Indy car with you.

Oh I don't have any Indy cars.....just have a keen interest in the Ford Indy engine in your car. An SLC is the project for now, I have that and a few too many racebikes.

Mike, bring the Pantera. we'll count it for 1/2 credit. You will however get full beers.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I've got the date set aside, and if I can be there, I will. Unfortunately my schedule is not my own. For example, I had made extensive plans to be at the Goodwood Revival this weekend. Unfortunately I spent the weekend flying into and out of Iraq. :thumbsdown:

Hopefully I'll be around for your party, but it's equally possible I will have spent enough time at home to have risen to the top of the queue and have to head back to Iraq again. :cry:

Howard,
I just spoke to Bob Wright and he said you called him to say it was on for THIS weekend (?)

The development of this thread seems to say it's in October sometime. I'm a little more than confused here.....help!

Post #4 indicates 11th Oct, but Howard could be just a little confused/distracted with his 'new' purchase- gone over to the 'dark' side I am afraid! Wish I could be there to stir the pot:)

Thanks,
I'll call Bob and make sure he does not show up at your door this Saturday <LOL>
You, you ....... uh SLC owner!

Bob threw me for a loop there. My aim is to go to run and gun for thursday-friday but should be back friday night with lots of pictures of the black SLC in time for your bash. Oh, that's right, you've already seen a completed SLC havent you?

party, party, party.

Last edited:
Back