GT40 sounds

This might seem a bit strange, but does anyone have a decent quality recording of the in car sound of a GT40 ?

Preferably when it's being driven hard :)

The reason is that I have gotten involved with a bunch of guys who produce classic race car addons for a PC driving simulator. They are very serious about making things as accurate as is possible and could really use a quality recording to make the sound of their GT40 better.

They work on a not for profit basis, just out of love for old racing cars, so there isn't any remuneration involved I'm afraid.

Lomarla, the sound of the GT40 in the spin vid is my choice. That sound is incredible. I wish I could get that as a ring tone!!

Lomarla, the sound of the GT40 in the spin vid is my choice. That sound is incredible. I wish I could get that as a ring tone!!

I talked to Chris McAllister (the owner/driver of P/1051 in that video) about it at the GT40 reunion this past summer, mentioning that this little moment has lived on forever due to the fantastic sound. He jokingly hung his head in shame, embarrassed that he has been immortalized for just one little misstep on a French hillclimb, instead of everything he's done in that car before, and since. :embarassed:

But you can't deny that his is the best-sounding GT40 on the internet!

Back