GT40s.com Paddock GUNS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Wrong again jeff.. I am a law abiding citizen.. The law will never take away our guns.. Let's not start name calling... You should be above that...

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

I think you are wrong about that and if I read the social mood correctly, I think it very likely we see a 90s era AWB.

So again, LE comes to take your AWBs. You are a law abiding citizen, so you turn them over peacefully correct?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

Well that is good. I find your "yes" heartening and I take back the gun nutter stuff.

I do think you are going to be surprised? shocked? though as to where this is going to end up in terms of regulation in the next few years. Millenials do not see the 2A like GenX and Boomers do.

"You're telling me your response is going to be open fire?

Yes, you are. That's what you are telling us."

JEFF... SHOW ME WHERE I SAID THAT... DON'T TWIST MY WORDS..

Steve

Supporter

Well that is good. I find your "yes" heartening and I take back the gun nutter stuff.

I do think you are going to be surprised? shocked? though as to where this is going to end up in terms of regulation in the next few years. Millenials do not see the 2A like GenX and Boomers do.

So you call people names until they comply with your baited question and reply in the desired way? Nice. Not so sure millenials are all what you think they are. Trap shooting is the fastest growing sport in MN.

Teen Wayzata trap shooters compete against Plymouth police - StarTribune.com

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

...this is going to end up in terms of regulation in the next few years.

...none of which would pass muster under ANY HONEST reading of the 'Constitution.

Regardless, that's EXACTLY the left's plan with regard to the 2nd Amend...effectively repeal it thru legislative/regularity actions "deemed" constitutional thru use of the the judicial tool of I-N-T-E-R-P-R-E-T-A-T-I-O-N instead of the CONSTITUTIONAL path of a constitutional convention, et al.

There's no way on God's green Earth the 2nd Amend would/could E-V-E-R be repealed via the process laid out by The Founders...and the left knows it.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

You know, Larry, I think we're worrying about something that won't happen. Like you, I doubt that the 2nd ammendment will be repealed (not that I don't think it could use some "fixing", so to speak). While I own 4 weapons, I use them very seldom (I doubt that my 12 gauge shotgun has been fired in the last 40 years, and it may be 50 for the .410 single shot)...and I doubt that anyone will find my "arsenal" interesting, it's all old stuff and some of it needs repairs.

I, for one, would like to see the 2nd amendment further defined. It is a bit nebulous in places...I'll also say I think it needs to be "updated" to meet the demands of this advanced (compared to that of the "Founding Fathers") society. As we have discussed in the past, my belief that the FF's could not (and DID not) foresee the technological developments that have come about since the 1700's when the constitution was written, so the fact that the 2nd amendment did not address some of our current issues is just a reflection of the times in which those original documents were composed.

"Time waits for no man". If I had to give some advice, it would be for us as a society to be a bit more interested in people than $$$. Keeping every word in the 2nd amendment exactly as it was written has no relevance to the problems of today, most of which did not exist when the 2nd amendment was drafted. We must learn to change with the times...change isn't going to wait for us to get ready for it. Weapons are no exception.

Cheers!

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

with regard to the 2nd Amend...effectively repeal it thru legislative/regularity actions "deemed" constitutional thru use of the the judicial tool of I-N-T-E-R-P-R-E-T-A-T-I-O-N instead of the CONSTITUTIONAL path of a constitutional convention, et al.

I think that we've all become quite accustomed to laws and other practices being "modified" (actually, my preferred terminology would be "amended") due to judicial review. That's another thing I feel is a left-over from the days of the FF's...do we really need a law to be set in stone forever? Are we so egocentric that we believe that time will stand still in that respect? Certainly not...as I have proposed many times we should be looking forward instead of "backwards", so to speak. We don't need a "Constitutional Convention" to accomplish change, we have much better methods in today's society.

Cheers!

Doug

2A is settled. You have a birthright to keep and bear arms. Also it appears more SCOTUS justices will be nominated and confirmed with a constructionist view of our constitution. However, I am glad that liberals are finally verbalizing what their end goal is in the arena of ideas. This will make opposing views crystal clear. Two ways for liberals to change it, amendment or Con-Con.

Beware of the Con-Con though, the entire republic could go in the shzitter :shocked:

Personally, I’m all in.

Molon Labe.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

I think that we've all become quite accustomed to laws and other practices being "modified" (actually, my preferred terminology would be "amended") due to judicial review. That's another thing I feel is a left-over from the days of the FF's...do we really need a law to be set in stone forever? Are we so egocentric that we believe that time will stand still in that respect? Certainly not...as I have proposed many times we should be looking forward instead of "backwards", so to speak. We don't need a "Constitutional Convention" to accomplish change, we have much better methods in today's society.

Cheers!

Doug

"...no...no...no...no...NO LAW...infringing...infringing...infringing...infringing...INFRINGING" on the R-I-G-H-T to keep and bear.

NO LAW. ZERO. ZIPOLA. NADA. NONE.

PERIOD.

...do we really need a law to be set in stone forever?

The 2nd amendment does NOT create a "law". It bestows a RIGHT. 'Bigggggg difference.

...We don't need a "Constitutional Convention" to accomplish change...

According to The Founders you DO if you want to change/abolish the 2nd Amend.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

So you call people names until they comply with your baited question and reply in the desired way? Nice. Not so sure millenials are all what you think they are. Trap shooting is the fastest growing sport in MN.

Teen Wayzata trap shooters compete against Plymouth police - StarTribune.com

Bait? Lol...no, I was asking him questions to find out if he would shoot law enforcement who came to collect his assault rifles. Do we call it baiting when you ask your patients questions to find out what is wrong with them? That's too much -- very snowflakey.

You are a doctor. You know better than posting a single anecdote as "response" to a clear trend. Glad kids in MN are having fun with trap shooting -- seems a very safe and interesting sport.

That doesn't change the fact that gun ownership rates are on the decline, and that is particularly true with millenials. Facts. Those are.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

And thus continues the hilarious belief in 2nd amendment absolutism, which results in an interpretation -- and that is exactly what Larry is doing, interpreting -- the 2nd to say:

1. Felons can own guns.
2. A 2 year old can buy an assault rifle.
3. A 30 year old woman with a long history of mental illness can by a fully automatic BAR.
4. Your uncle Bob who lives in a van down by the river can by a surplus bazooka.

Sorry Larry, you are in coo-coo land. Wait, no, I'm not sorry. It's important to point that out.

"...no...no...no...no...NO LAW...infringing...infringing...infringing...infringing...INFRINGING" on the R-I-G-H-T to keep and bear.

NO LAW. ZERO. ZIPOLA. NADA. NONE.

PERIOD.

The 2nd amendment does NOT create a "law". It bestows a RIGHT. 'Bigggggg difference.

According to The Founders you DO if you want to change/abolish the 2nd Amend.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

2A is settled. You have a birthright to keep and bear arms. Also it appears more SCOTUS justices will be nominated and confirmed with a constructionist view of our constitution. However, I am glad that liberals are finally verbalizing what their end goal is in the arena of ideas. This will make opposing views crystal clear. Two ways for liberals to change it, amendment or Con-Con.

Beware of the Con-Con though, the entire republic could go in the shzitter :shocked:

Personally, I’m all in.

Molon Labe.

LOL..you keep on thinking that. For 200 years, it was 'settled" the other way -- without question.

"The NRA's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment [regarding an individual right to own a firearm] is the greatest constitutional fraud ever perpetrated on the American people." Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burger, Republican, conservative, 1975ish.

About 70,000 votes in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsyvlania go the other way, or black folks in those states turn out like they did in 2016, and we have President Hillary Clinton. That then makes the Republican's obstructionist, unconstitutional and unprecedented refusal to approve Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court look like the stupidest idea of the last few years, as Clinton appoints an actual liberal to the SC for a 5-4 liberal majority.

Heller would have been gone in a flash.

Your ability to cling to your guns hangs by a thread still.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

And thus continues the hilarious belief in 2nd amendment absolutism, which results in an interpretation -- and that is exactly what Larry is doing, interpreting -- the 2nd to say:

1. Felons can own guns.
2. A 2 year old can buy an assault rifle.
3. A 30 year old woman with a long history of mental illness can by a fully automatic BAR.
4. Your uncle Bob who lives in a van down by the river can by a surplus bazooka.

Sorry Larry, you are in coo-coo land. Wait, no, I'm not sorry. It's important to point that out.

You can SPIN all you want, throw all the insults you want, call me whatever names you want, falsely assign to me whatever "beliefs" you might insist I have, and create all the absurd straw man arguments you want, Counselor. 'Doesn't change the fact "no" means "no".

Following your logic, I suppose "no" might NOT mean "no" in a rape situation either, would it...it would be open to "interpretation" instead, right?

I'll bet you even agreed with Clinton when he said, "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is"...right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

"Your ability to cling to your guns hangs by a thread still."

YEP, THEY WILL TAKE OUR GUNS WHEN HILARY BECOMES PRESIDENT. DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH...OR, MAYBE YOU SHOULD :)

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

Ah, so absolutism confirmed. No means no regulation whatsoever, and Uncle Bob gets his bazooka.

Wow. Just, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back