GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You have described completely accurately the manner in which John Boehner and his partners in crime shut down Congressional action when BO was POTUS.

"Shut down Congressional action"? Really? Even though the GOPs confirmed TWO - TWO - faaaar left SCOTUS justices and were signees to many of the some 400/450-or-so bills that Prince Harry Reid left sitting on his desk rather than forward to the White House? That illustrates the GOPs "shut down congressional action"?

Please. What went on back then doesn't even come CLOSE to mirroring what the Democrats are pulling today.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
But, getting somewhat back on topic...for what exactly do you suppose the N.K. military brass in the photo below received all their...ah-hummm...'medals'? 'Looks as though there must have been a bunch of wars going on the rest of us never knew about given the fact that Gen. George Patton himself didn't have a collection anywhere near as massive!

They look like characters in a Three Stooges movie. I mean, come ON - medals on their TROUSERS????:

raw

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Obviously we can agree to differ in our opinions, to which we are both entitled, Larry. I recall railing at the time against the Republican's obstructionist activities and suggesting that Boehner and his partners in crime should all be tried for treason...I felt it was that eggregious, as you obviously feel that the efforts by the Democrats are these days.

We really need a 3rd party, one for individuals who identify with neither extreme position and feel that they are more "centrist", an adjective I have used to describe myself many times (and for which I have been ridiculed by you). I do not self-identify as a Democrat or a Republican, a liberal or a conservative, but as a citizen of these United States I feel a responsibility (and, admittedly, a compulsion) to "...rage against the machine" when I feel our country does not get the quality of leadership it deserves.

Yes, I do and did feel that B.O. provided much more rational leadership than our current POTUS.

There, I've said it...but having said that, I do admit that there were many things B.O. did with which I disagreed...he was too far to the left for me, just as Trump is too far to the right. What ever happened to adopting a political posture that serves EVERYONE, it seems to me that we are entitled to that.

This constant bickering between the parties is leading us nowhere...except bringing about worldwide ridicule because we can't get our house in order. We should be ashamed...I want America to be great again too, Larry, I just don't want us to start a nuclear war in the process of pursuing that honorable dream, and I think a bit more restraint and a bit less bravado would go a long way toward convincing the world that we CAN become great again.

Doug

Edit: Sorry, Larry, I could not get that photo you posted with these comments to build (but I will admit that from your description it seems quite comical!!):

But, getting somewhat back on topic...for what exactly do you suppose the N.K. military brass in the photo below received all their...ah-hummm...'medals'? 'Looks as though there must have been a bunch of wars going on the rest of us never knew about given the fact that Gen. George Patton himself didn't have a collection anywhere near as massive!

They look like characters in a Three Stooges movie. I mean, come ON - medals on their TROUSERS????:

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

They look like characters in a Three Stooges movie. I mean, come ON! Medals on their TROUSERS???

raw
[/QUOTE]

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Doug:

I don't have the SLIGHTEST CLUE how that happened...but, "no show" attachments seem to be the rule once they've crossed the pond.

Lemme see if I can find some other way to post it.

Here you go. SCAN DOWN below the 1st photo:

North Korean Generals Wearing Medals Photograph

I can't help believing the photo has to be an internet joke. 'Photoshop or whatever.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

They look like characters in a Three Stooges movie. I mean, come ON! Medals on their TROUSERS???

raw
[/QUOTE]

Still not building...let's see what happens if I just post the IMG URL:

raw

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What a whiner.

Exclusive: Trump says he thought being president would be easier than his old life
| Reuters

He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

A wealthy businessman from New York, Trump assumed public office for the first time when he entered the White House on Jan. 20 after he defeated former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in an upset.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I heard him saying those things on the morning news shows...I was terribly surprised. As egocentric as he is, it must have been hard to admit that...unless it was just a "left-handed" way of complimenting himself.

One of my favorite sayings is "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!"

If the shoe fits.......

Cheers!

Doug

Ever hear the old phrase "Turnabout is fair play!", Larry...or "What's good for the goose is good for the Gander!"?

You have described completely accurately the manner in which John Boehner and his partners in crime shut down Congressional action when BO was POTUS.

It was wrong then and it is wrong now, but you must admit Boehner taught the Dems well...still, "...two wrongs do not make a right" applies in these critical times. We will just have to see if our leadership in both parties can turn things around...I am not hopeful, though.

I have never known a time when we needed a viable 3rd party as much as we do now.

Doug[/QUOTe
Obama basically bypassed Congress from day one after he found executive orders, then he was off to the races. He definitely didn't make us more secure, just the opposite. I think Trumps problem is that he is not a politician, and the politicians up on their pedestals look down on him. He has to prove himself. I never did understand why we elect the people we least trust to public office. Maybe we forget they are lawyers.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
In that area, he doesn't even begin to hold a candle to DNC chair Tom Perez, Waters, Pelosi, Schumer or you name the Democrat these days.

Waters has gone completely off the rails.

LOL, no. You could not have conflated unrelated things in a more silly manner.

Drumpf/Lord Dampnut is whining about not wanting to do the job he was elected to do. The others are complaining about this administration's lies, misogyny, schizophrenia, repeated gaffes and so on.

And besides, if I'm a woman and a bunch of old white male serial sexual abusers like Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly just installed an admitted "pussy grabber" in the white, then yeah, like Maxine Waters, I'm somewhat pissed.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Ever hear the old phrase "Turnabout is fair play!", Larry...or "What's good for the goose is good for the Gander!"?

It was wrong then and it is wrong now, but you must admit Boehner taught the Dems well...still, "...two wrongs do not make a right" applies in these critical times. We will just have to see if our leadership in both parties can turn things around...I am not hopeful, though.

I have never known a time when we needed a viable 3rd party as much as we do now.

Doug[/QUOTe
Obama basically bypassed Congress from day one after he found executive orders, then he was off to the races. He definitely didn't make us more secure, just the opposite. I think Trumps problem is that he is not a politician, and the politicians up on their pedestals look down on him. He has to prove himself. I never did understand why we elect the people we least trust to public office. Maybe we forget they are lawyers.

What are you? A used car salesman? And you're better? lol

Name one unconstitutional executive order issued by President Obama. Also, show statistically that he issued significantly more orders than say St. Reagan did.

The reality is you may have 1/10th of a clue what an Executive Order is, and how to determine when it is constitutional or not.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Let's put this Fox News myth for old white males who HATERZ President Obama to rest.

President Obama issued fewer EOs in total than Presidents Reagan, Clinton, and Bush II. His average yearly rate of EOs was lower than the same group, and ONE THIRD of the projejcted rate for Lord Dampnut this year.

Thems' da facts Jack.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You could not have conflated unrelated things in a more silly manner.

Yawn...yeah...okay...fine...whatever.

Whining is whining...no matter in what form it manifests itself or the topic/situation/subject being whined about.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Guys, I am developing a strong opinion about the things our POTUS claims as accomplishments...for example, he constantly brags about having accomplished more during his first 100 days than any prior president, yet all the fact checkers agree there is no truth to that claim...yet Trump constantly rails about "fake news"!

So, if his some of his claims are false, and the hard facts seem to strongly support that they are false, then POTUS Trump is guilty of disseminating the very same "falsehoods" about which he constantly complains.

Seems sorta like trying to smoke the pipe from both ends, doesn't it?

Has anyone else noticed this inconsistency? Just curious...

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Not so sure Trump was whining...
He was asked a couple of times by reporters - (paraphrased as I just heard it a few minutes ago on NPR)
"So how do you like the job so far, is it harder or easier than you expected?"

Trump responded that it is a tough job and tougher than he had expected..

----
So by that, I don't categorize it so much as whining as I do believe he was simply answering the questions in a rather candid manor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back