GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You guys should cut Jeff some slack. He's still trying to figure out what the definition of "is" is.....

No...he's still trying to figure out a way to 'spin' the real world definition of "is" into something that fits the view held by his fellow lefties... ;)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'll comment on Orlando first my sympathy to the families of the dead and wounded.
Second not one world leader has had the balls to use the term Radical Islam. Obama has diverted it to a debate about guns. Until you acknowledge where the problem lies it will continue to fester. The problem isn't gun laws, the problem isn't hate, the problem isn't homophobia. The problem is Radical Islam!
Only one person of note has had the balls to say it how it is, Donald Trump and he is criticised for telling the truth. Wake up America.

Keith

There are certainly mixed messages here and i wouldn't like to pre-empt the flow of information still coming out of Orlando. Obama said "He appears to have been an angry, disturbed, unstable young man who became radicalized," but the LGBT community would have you believe it was a purely homophobic attack.

So, what would your immediate response be?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
His father supports the Taliban, the shooter was twice questioned by the FBI because links to radical websites and he rang 911 during the shootings to say he supported Isis. Islam is homophobic anyway there are many Islamic country's in which the penalty for homosexuality is death.
So my opinion that the shooter was an Islamic radical would not change.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The world is still reeling over the latest massacre in Orlando FL. Now it appears that the shooter's wife may have been aware of his plan and reportedly tried to talk him out of it..

Is it the worst mass shooting in US History? No. Unfortunately now.
One only has to look back in our brief history to find the Wounded Knee South Dakota massacre. I've read various accounts but they range from 200-300 people being killed. The majority were women and children.
Why? Because they were American Indians / Native Americans..
Why were the people in Orlando murdered? Because they may or may not have been Gay / Transgendered..
Either way - heinous crimes. The span of time since Wounded Knee should not diminish the great injustice done / the travesty and loss of lives is no different is it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Oh my God Keith! I had not heard of that attack!
Hits close to home as we've adopted (support through Christian Organizations) a girl in Kenya and have not heard from her now in just over a year.. I hope and pray that she was not harmed in any of this..

Just dreadful what has become of the world. There is no innocence or peace to be found anywhere...

Keith

During an idle moment on the 'throne' this morning, I opined (to myself, naturally), that history may come to judge these multitude of 'events' as WWIII, taking into consideration drone strikes, overt & covert actions, civil strife & general unrest and a rising tide of terrorist actions.

Then, of course, there is Drumpf.

Keith

Yeah, judging by the recent Gerrymandering efforts by Scameron, I would think the IN campaign have that aspect well covered... :furious:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...Is it the worst mass shooting in US History? No. Unfortunately now.
One only has to look back in our brief history to find the Wounded Knee South Dakota massacre....Why? Because they were American Indians / Native Americans..
Why were the people in Orlando murdered? Because they may or may not have been Gay / Transgendered...

The diff between the Wounded Knee massacre (1890) and the massacres perpetrated by ISIS, et al, today is the fact that radical Islamists target anybody and everybody anywhere in the world anytime for any and all perceived transgressions (real or imagined/invented) against Islam, Muhammad, or their own particular group. IOW, their violence is not a 'one-time-and-done' operation against one particular group at one particular place...so to speak. They are "equal opportunity" assassins. They hate EVERYBODY.

Strangely enough though, reportedly, many Sioux at the time of Wounded Knee believed that if they practiced the "Ghost Dance" and rejected the ways of the white man, their gods would create the world anew and destroy all non-believers, including non-Indians. 'Any of that sound at all familiar?

But, like you said, "Either way - heinous crimes."

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...history may come to judge these multitude of 'events' as WWIII...

That's already the case.

Then, of course, there is Drumpf.

...or Billary 'Benghazi was caused by a video'...'I did NOT send or receive classified material'..."we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of work"...'corporations/businesses don't create jobs'...'influence-peddling'...''Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism"...'take our uranium - PLEASE'...'I dodged sniper fire in Bosnia'...'Clinton Foundation slush fund co-founder' Clinton.

'Some choice...innit.

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
A rare visit this side of the fence, but something resonated with me on Trump's statements as it relates to a perception that there are non-active persons that maintain close relationships with these terrorists, yet do not speak out when they should or could about these activities (known before-hand or not). That observation, plus the perceived lack of any rebuke of these actions (sans one extremelly brief instance last year) by associated groups is not going unnoticed. Trump does cut to the chase for those that see some logic in some of what he says, and how this results in lumping all of them (Muslim background) together into a single solution.

Keith

Yes Terry, I think you've basically nailed people's deep suspicions regarding the general Muslim population in any country. Although Imams etc have come out and condemned such acts, there doesn't seem to be much tacit interjection on the part of the "good (Muslim) guys," or at least visible actions. Having said that, I know that here in Britain, Muslims tend to be afraid of their own radicals in their tight knit communities and they can't easily be protected..

What will force the issue of course, is when/if the sh1t really hits the fan prompting a civil backlash. Then all people will have to make a simple choice.

I can only compare it to my own reaction if I came across an extreme religious or political sect within my own community (and of my own racial/religious identity) that were planning similar atrocities targeting other racial or religious groups. Would I shop them?

In a heartbeat.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes that is the question, how many of you know any Muslim who has condemned what happened in Orlando? It may be hard to come up with any as there are at least 13 countries that carry the death penalty for homosexuals, all Muslim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back