GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

Oh wait, that would be terrible news, a WW starting without us? :shout:

Very droll Marcus but fear not, I checked the entry list and you are definitely in it. Have a look under "VIP". (Very Important Participant).

Mahlzeit!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Only eight days and counting
LEAVE!

Well, the waiting is over and the initial counts show a dead heat between those who want to leave the EU and those who want to remain.

Interesting!!!

Cheers!

Doug

Keith

I went to bed an Englishman and am glad to say, I woke up still in that happy state...

Rule Britannia!

I cannot tell you how delighted I am to dump those faceless unelected overpaid bureaucrats in Brussels.

It will be a rocky road but I believe that ultimately, England & Wales have once more stood alone against a tyrannical power.(Scotland pretty much voted to stay in as expected, but they will still be out unless they wangle something dodgy politically)

My firm hope & belief is that this result may well trigger other nations to follow suit, with the end result being perhaps the creation of an 'EU Lite' that we can all live with, but make no mistake, the current model is broken, the 'Greek' experience proves that. They were a happy little country until EU membership and where are they now? Awash with asylum seekers and immigrants and so broke it will take several generations to pay back their massive debt to nations living high on the hoof.. In my opinion, of course.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Looks like the elitists' march toward "one world government" has hit a bit of a snag courtesy of the Brits...duzzunit.

Good for them! :sneaky:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Well Britain proved there is one electorate stupider than in America. Pound in a free fall. London markets crashing. Nice job UK.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Well, with this - the Brits will have no reason to pick on American politics for a while as they'll have an excess of their own dirty laundry....
Cameron announcing he will step down...
---
I bet this will cause a rather sizeable depression in all the world markets..

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
According to British news reports as of a little bit ago, "projections" say the 'leave' votes won.

Yes... I watched well into the night...the trend was definitely for those who wanted to leave...by the time I went to bed the writing on the wall was hard to miss.

As for how it impacts America, we'll have to wait and see. News sources are saying equities have been devastated all across Europe and there will be repercussions that will impact far more than just the EU.

I, for one, am proud of England for having stood their ground on the issue. I wish the US would grow as large a "set".

Cheers!

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Why are we proud that xenophobia and irrational fear trumped economic and political common sense?

IN a manner that is going to hurt everyone globally for a while, and probably the working and middle classes of England the most?

This makes zero sense from a logical perspective.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
When Trump becomes prez will you be moving to Canada or just hang around and keep crying like a little B?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Go ahead respond. You call anyone who disagrees with stupid but cry like a girl when someone calls you on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back