GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
So now Obama and the Libs can be all indignant about Trump, what else is new.

You are 100% correct, Al...it is the "responsibility" of the out-of-power party to play the "indignant" card. The Repubs did it when B.O. was the POTUS, as was expected...so, it should be expected that now the Libs can be all indignant about Trump!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander and until the two prevailing parties realize that all this bipartisan obstructionism is counterproductive the pattern will continue.

ALL of us AMERICANS have to accept the blame for this...we (and by that I include...and blame... the Electoral College) freely chose those individuals (both in the past and now in the present), so we're stuck with them and their misdeeds as we try to figure out how to survive the remainder of Trump's term in office (not that I expect it will stop when the pendulum swings back, as it always does, and the Libs are in power again, and the Conservatives are then the "party of opposition").

We REALLY do need a viable 3rd party in our political arena!

Cheers, all!

Doug

Do you really, really want me to list all the pardons/commutations/clemencies granted by "Slick Willy" and Barack Obama? Many of them are r-e-a-l-l-y shady...so much so you can smell their stench thru your monitor if you'd care to Google 'em. You know...people like Mark Rich, Chelsea Manning, FALN members, Oscar López Rivera just to name a few...staunch individuals, those. ('Amazing how many people represented by Hillary's BROTHER can be found on "Slick Willie's" list, innit?!)

Do a Goggle or Wikipedia search. They're all listed. Obama's list is supposedly the longest in history.

Done unconstitutionally...but, that's okay 'cause Obama did it...............right?

Right...

A. The issue of constitutionality was NOT resolved. Go search. Thus, it's just an opinion that DACA is unconstitutional.

B. The old "two wrongs make a right" theory. That's funny. Anyway, Sheriff Joe didn't even serve a moment in prison and shows no contrition for what he's done. The bottom line for me is the irony of kicking a bunch of immigrant kids out of the country while pardoning an old white criminal.

C. I cringe every time Jeff Sessions speaks. He is not a bright man.

You are 100% correct, Al...it is the "responsibility" of the out-of-power party to play the "indignant" card. The Repubs did it when B.O. was the POTUS, as was expected...so, it should be expected that now the Libs can be all indignant about Trump!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander and until the two prevailing parties realize that all this bipartisan obstructionism is counterproductive the pattern will continue.

ALL of us AMERICANS have to accept the blame for this...we (and by that I include...and blame... the Electoral College) freely chose those individuals (both in the past and now in the present), so we're stuck with them and their misdeeds as we try to figure out how to survive the remainder of Trump's term in office (not that I expect it will stop when the pendulum swings back, as it always does, and the Libs are in power again, and the Conservatives are then the "party of opposition").

We REALLY do need a viable 3rd party in our political arena!

Cheers, all!

Doug

We obviously feel different about this, I'm not going there

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The issue of constitutionality was NOT resolved. Go search. Thus, it's just an opinion that DACA is unconstitutional.

An impartial, unbiased, agenda-free reading of the constitution confirms it's not "just an opinion"...'same as such a reading confirms the president is elected to a 4 year term.

The old "two wrongs make a right" theory.

That was exactly my point...that and the fact that, compared to OTHERS who've been granted pardons, etc., Sheriff Joe is Mary Poppins.

Sheriff Joe didn't even serve a moment in prison and shows no contrition for what he's done.

Neither did "Slick Willie' (perjury) or Bill Ayres (terrorism)...or will Billary for that matter. She'll never even be TRIED.

The bottom line for me is the irony of kicking a bunch of immigrant kids out of the country while pardoning an old white criminal.

Aaaaaaah!!!!! THERE ya go!!! You finally went where I KNEW you eventually would!!! When all else fails - play the good ole "RACE CARD"!!!

I cringe every time Jeff Sessions speaks. He is not a bright man.

...followed by the "GOPs/conservatives are STOOOPID" card!!!

An impartial, unbiased, agenda-free reading of the constitution confirms it's not "just an opinion"...'same as such a reading confirms the president is elected to a 4 year term.

That was exactly my point...that and the fact that, compared to OTHERS who've been granted pardons, etc., Sheriff Joe is Mary Poppins.

Neither did "Slick Willie' (perjury) or Bill Ayres (terrorism)...or will Billary for that matter. She'll never even be TRIED.

Aaaaaaah!!!!! THERE ya go!!! You finally went where I KNEW you eventually would!!! When all else fails - play the good ole "RACE CARD"!!!

What you do you know about impartiality, unbiased and agenda-free? It's your opinion, pure and simple. Neither one of us are constitutional scholars. And I'm not aware of any court decisions. At least one of finality.

Race card? Well, ya, white people go free, Hispanics get out. IMO, Trump is a racist. And that feeds into his policies of kicking Hispanics and Muslims out of the country.

BTW, I have a relative that works for Trump. But we still like him/her. We just don't talk politics at family gatherings, though last time we saw each other was at a funeral.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

Well, Larry...what would you expect? The first assertion:
Race card? Well, ya, white people go free, Hispanics get out. IMO, Trump is a racist.
is factual.

I worked as the primary Mental Health grievance officer for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for 18 months....so I know a bit about whereof I speak regarding prison populations.

...and the second assertion...well, you took the words right out of our mouths :idea: because there is certainly an undeniable element of truth to it (it's OK, though...it must be "...a disorder of constitutional origin", so you radical-right GOP Conservatives can't help it!..the most common "translation" is "Bless dey little hots, dey cayn't hep it, dey was jus bown dat way!!!)

...just kidding, of course!!!

Thanks!

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
.....AH YES, REMEMBER WHEN !!!!
Remember when Donald Trump was business partners with the Russian government and his company got $53 million from the Russian government investment fund called Rusnano that was started by Vladimir Putin and is referred to as "Putin's Child?”
Oh wait, that wasn't Trump; it was John Podesta.

Remember when Donald Trump received $500,000 for a speech in Moscow and paid for by Renaissance Capital, a company tied to Russian Intelligence Agencies?
Oh wait, that was Bill Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump approved the sale of 20% of U.S. uranium to the Russians while he was Secretary of State which gave control of it to Rosatom the Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation?
Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump lied about that and said he wasn't a part of approving the deal that gave the Russians 1/5 of our uranium, but then his e-mails were leaked showing he did lie about it?
Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton and John Podesta.

Remember when Donald Trump got $145 million from shareholders of the uranium company sold to the Russians?
Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

Remember when Donald Trump accepted millions in donations from Russian oligarchs like the chairman of a company that's part of the Russian Nuclear Research Cluster, the wife of the mayor of Moscow and a close pal of Putin's?
Oh wait, that was the Clinton Foundation.

Remember when Donald Trump failed to disclose all those donations before becoming the Secretary of State, and it was only found out when a journalist went through Canadian tax records?
Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton

Remember when Donald Trump told Mitt Romney that the '80s called and it wanted its Russian policy back. The Cold War is over?
Oh wait, that was President Obama.

Man, Trump's ties to Russia are really "disgusting!"

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Oh wait, that wasn't Trump; it was John Podesta.

Oh wait, that was Bill Clinton.

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton.

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton and John Podesta.

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

Oh wait, that was the Clinton Foundation

Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton

Oh wait, that was President Obama.

Man, Trump's ties to Russia are really "disgusting!"

None of those "Oh, wait" individuals or organizations are our POTUS. Trump IS! So, in my mind, anyway, all of those prior transgressions by those individuals and organizations have nothing to do with our current national dilemma.

Stay focused, Al...we could have (and HAVE) hashed all those older issues to death, just as we can review all of Trump's transgressions.

Remember when Hillary Clinton started an online college and accepted tuition payments from enrollees, but never provided the classes that they paid for? Oh, wait...not Clinton, but definitely WAS Trump!!

Remember when Clinton admitted wrongdoing and paid a huge fine for that to keep the lawyers off her back? Oh, wait...still NOT Clinton, but still IS Trump.

See...that is just ONE of Trump's misdeeds, Al...there are SOOOOO many more that we haven't even scratched the surface...we could review his despicable assaults on beauty pageant contestants, for one...and...well, no need to list them all, we know all about Trump and despite my efforts to like him I find it difficult.

My bottom line is that I sincerely doubt those other individuals will ever again serve in the Oval Office..but Trump does, and we better ALL beware of him.

Cheers, Al!

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
And here's a story about a 23-year old paramedic who saved lives in the Houston flooding and who WAS protected under DACA:

'Dreamer' Paramedic Who Saved Lives in Houston Calls DACA Decision 'Disgusting'

Sad!

...and for every story such as this there are many more of a criminal nature.

As regards illegals in general:

Look. Either we have national borders and enforce them or we don't. Either we have immigration laws and enforce them or we don't. If we don't, there's no way the USA or any other country can/will remain a country.

Name ONE OTHER COUNTRY on the planet that actually has allowed tens of millions of ILLEGALS to not only invade its borders - but live and work therein. Go ahead - name one. There aren't any...and there are darned good reasons for that.

Neither the USA nor any other country can afford to take in the hundreds of millions of poor, uneducated, unskilled people on the planet. That's just a F-A-C-T. Doing so would BANKRUPT that country in a New York nanosecond...not to mention throw that country into chaos. The ethnicity of the aforementioned individuals makes no difference whatsoever - so spare me the "RACIST!!!" crapola.

For that reason as well as others, we not only have to limit, but 'pick-and-choose' who's allowed to enter and/or STAY in this country based on whose skills/talents best fill our country's needs. No one - NO ONE - who's a citizen of a foreign country has a "RIGHT" to enter the USA or STAY here. NO ONE.

Regarding "Dreamers" specifically:

The parents - the PARENTS - of the "Dreamers" are 100% to blame for the situation in which their "Dreamer" children find themselves...NOT our immigration laws or our government. It was the PARENTS of the 'Dreamers" who chose to enter this country illegally and bring their kids with them. They knew or should have known the possible consequences that might await them and their kids 'down the road' as a result of doing that...but, chose to do so anyway. How is that OUR fault? Why is it now OUR duty/obligation to accommodate 'em??? (And please spare me the, "well, our gubmunt enabled 'em", argument.)

I'm not going to 'debate' this. It'd be rather like 'debating' whether or not one should be driving a car in the Indy 500 while blindfolded. 'Senseless.

Instead, I'm gunna go out to my shop and install a bodacious new auxiliary vacuum pump on my hot rod truck! ('Discovered 6-12 inches of vacuum jus' duzzunt cut it in the power brakes department. :annoyed:)

...and for every story such as this there are many more of a criminal nature.

Sorry, wrong. We're talking about the "dreamers." These 800,000 "dreamers" voluntarily gave their personal information to the government were vetted. Clean as a whistle, because you can't have committed a crime and be on the list of dreamers.

There are certainly illegal alien "children" who got on the list and have since committed felonies, no doubt.

For me it's simple, if you are not lawfully in the USA, you need to leave.

There are certainly illegal alien "children" who got on the list and have since committed felonies, no doubt.

For me it's simple, if you are not lawfully in the USA, you need to leave.

Sure, perfection is rare or even non-existent.

But 99%+ of these kids are productive members of society, lived here most of their lives and will add billions to the U.S. economy according to the statistics.

Most of the Republicans, like Lindsey Graham, and even Trump seem to think that some sort of "Dream Act" will pass, hopefully, before the 6 months has expired. And even Trump said he has a "soft spot" or "heart" for these kids.

IMO, seems very Scrooge-like to deport these kids when they voluntarily gave up their personal information and were assured that the info wouldn't be used against them.

Sure, perfection is rare or even non-existent.

But 99%+ of these kids are productive members of society, lived here most of their lives and will add billions to the U.S. economy according to the statistics.

Most of the Republicans, like Lindsey Graham, and even Trump seem to think that some sort of "Dream Act" will pass, hopefully, before the 6 months has expired. And even Trump said he has a "soft spot" or "heart" for these kids.

IMO, seems very Scrooge-like to deport these kids when they voluntarily gave up their personal information and were assured that the info wouldn't be used against them.

But they are here unlawfully. illegally. I robbed a bank, but I'll tell them I did it, there everything is OK. It's still breaking the law!!!

But they are here unlawfully. illegally. I robbed a bank, but I'll tell them I did it, there everything is OK. It's still breaking the law!!!

So all crime and/or criminals are created equal.

So, instead of robbing a bank, what if your family was poor and the bulk of your family income goes to rent, utilities and medicine. And what if your child stole a loaf of bread from the market, so your child could feed you and your family, who were literally starving. Crime? Yes, but should the police put your child into Child Protective Services and/or prosecute them for shoplifting?

I guess for me, all crime isn't same. According to a recent poll, 15% of country want these kids deported. And Scott and Al are part of that 15%. And that's a bummer IMO.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Jumping the gun a bit here aren't you?
Who said they were going to be deported?
---
The media has blown all this so out of proportion and caused such a stir - all in the name of ratings.
---
POTUS has given Congress 6 months to come up with a solution. That's it.
The only reason we have DACA now is that O/Dems had to come up with a solution to the illegal immigration problem and the "Anchor Babies" as well as the youngsters brought illegally across the border.
So what O did was basically say that he recognizes the problem, will provide sanctuary for the children UNTIL he or congress finds the right solution. That UNTIL is the D in DACA.
---
People can and will read all manner of inuendo into this action, but the fact is, we still have an illegal immigration problem and up until recently, no one was seriously addressing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back