GT40s take honours at Shelby Festival in OZ

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Russ Timing starts when the car clears the staging box, in other words going forward. What the reaction time is all about is when 2 cars race each other the driver with the quicker reaction time will gain a distance advantage at the start.So there is the reaction time of the driver followed by the reaction time of the car.Now if both reaction times together equal .4sec and this is the time interval of the last orange to the green, if you get reaction time to .4 on the slip you left the line smack on the green.However if reaction time is to short you red light and you have jumped early.I don't think I'll be doing a lot of drag racing but I did enjoy it.
Ross

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well thanks to you guys, I've now got it clear in my head. sometimes you have to explain things v e r y s l o w l y to me. Duh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I'm just on my way out to Ruapuna to watch the 3 hour endurance race. The first of a series of three I think. No 40's running that I'm aware of, but when mine's built I wouldn't mind having a go.

Might go and watch the drags one day too now that I know what it's all about!

Regards,

Back