GTD aircon system...what's missing?

With my GTD kit came a "complete" aircon system (it's from GTD supercars when they were birmingham way) I'm in the process of finding out where things should go and was wondering if my system is all complete. There follow some pictures of all the stuff I have (apart from a new rad which I may change for a front mounted item and another part (dryer?????) which isn't shown. I can't work out why the wiring "loom" is housed in about 20 feet of convoluted tubing, nor how I'm supposed to connect everything together? Any advice appreciated.
Simon
ps, the small black outlets at the bottom of the first picture (there's one each side of the unit) I presume they are drains and need to be at the bottom?

Attachments

• aircon-9.jpg
    aircon-9.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 320
  • aircon-8.jpg
    aircon-8.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 331
  • aircon-7.jpg
    aircon-7.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 321
  • aircon-6.jpg
    aircon-6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 315
  • aircon-5.jpg
    aircon-5.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 311
more pics

Attachments

• aircon-1.jpg
    aircon-1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 283
  • aircon-2.jpg
    aircon-2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 329
  • aircon-3.jpg
    aircon-3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 264
  • aircon-4.jpg
    aircon-4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 262
  • aircon-10.jpg
    aircon-10.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 263
One more thing, What's the thingy on the left of this picture? some sort of pressure switch?

Attachments

• aircon-3.jpg
    aircon-3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 310
I do not see the filter drier for the system which is where the pressure switch is mounted to detect pressure in the system. It is a safety so that the compressor cannot run if there is no refrigerant. Yes the 2 pipes are drains off of the evaporator mounted at the bottom to drain any condensation and you dont show a pic of condensor radiator on which fan is mounted unless that is the second pic in the 1st posting.
The evaporator is mounted where it gets cool air flow the evaporator cools the air inside the vehicle.
A good way of finding out what goes where is to go and see an aircon installation guy and ask if he can explain the system.

Hi Simon

the switch is the binary switch which is attached to the dryer, see attached photos,(your switch will screw into the dyer)

Brian

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 310
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 302
Back