GTD airconditioner

I am pretty sure it's the standard GTD set-up.

It gives a cold breeze, but not like you are used to in modern cars.
I don't use it a lot, but when I do I am it's just a bit more convenient inside the car.
I had some (minor) issues with it, that made me thinking of getting rid of it.
But for the last couple of years it's been trouble free, so now I'm not sure....

My wheel has been damaged (long story) and is being repaired. As soon as it's back, I'll let you know. That beer sounds tempting.... (My favorite is Duvel, especially the tripel hop!)

You guys need to live with some sun! My A/C is the GTD dash unit with a larger front end mounted condenser and I wouldn't survive summer without a functioning A/C.

Hi Bud,
How is your hose routing at the front ?
Do you have some pictures showing how the condensor is hooked up and the hoses are passing the radiator ?
Regards
Andy

After lot of head scratching, I was first considering to route the hoses through the sidewall just behind the radiator. This was a possible solution but the area of the steering rack together with brake pipe and coolant pipe made me think of another solution.
Attached you can see my current plan.
I will now go direct to the wheel arch area and route the pipes along the nose. Downside is the pipes are now more exposed to stonechips and the elements but it is much easier with routing and passing walls.
Has anyone also done this before, passing the outside ?
Planning to make a kind of covering over the hose to protect them.

Attachments

• AC routing.jpg
    AC routing.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 223

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Only thing I can think of is it may foul on the front tyre when it is on full lock

You could always cover them in an aluminium cover to protect from stone chips

Ian

Hi Ian,
No issue with wheels, they can turn left and right and still plenty of room.
The hose separators and cover plate will be a bit customizing.

Back