GTD Chassis number question

Could anyone verify the date of manufacture of GTD chassis number 9988? I know this was covered on the forum somewhere in the past few years but I could not find it. Is there and "official" way to prove date of manufacture to the satisfaction of an inspector?

Thanks for your help.

Andy Besic

Could anyone clarify the VIN on a car I am looking at in Michigan USA, where the VIN plate reads "GTD 40 Manufactured by Cape Advanced Vehicles South Africa".
VIN being: 010816 (??2001, August, sixteenth) but then adds VIN 0436S B L AU66.

Many thanks, as this looks like a very clean car with only 780 miles, but I worry that it is a spaceframe car with the old-style suspension uprights, and likely is not track-able as it sits.
Simon

Andy, I don't know about Illinois, but California accepted the original British registration document (I believe its called the V5) and as I remember it states either first registered or date of manufacture, hope that helps. BTW I second the chassis numbering scheme, last two digits are the year proceded by chassis number so 15589 would be chassis #155 made in 1989, or in your case chassis #99 made in 1988

Back