GTD40 2001 Gulf Blue - Available now in UK

Gulf light blue with twin white stripes. Passed SVA and registered in July 2001, now with period no. plate. Approx. 11,500 miles, 12 months MoT.

Ford V8 302. Eagle I-beam rods, Keith Black hypereutectic pistons. Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, intake and camshaft. 4-choke 600 cfm ‘Square-Bore’ carburettor. Mallory electronic distributor with MSD 6AL ignition and variable timing control. Baffled sump with remote Mocal oil cooler. Crossover exhaust system with 1¾ diameter pipes, ceramic coated with re-packable silencers. Output 360 bhp @ 6,500 rpm, peak torque 340 ft-lbs.

Full sized bell-housing, billet flywheel and high-capacity Mustang clutch. Renault 21 Turbo gearbox, 3.44 differential ratio and 0.76 5th gear, right-hand rod change.

Twin aluminium fuel tanks, original fuel filler caps with hidden locking aero fillers, twin Facet red top fuel pumps with Goodrich type braided fuel lines. Radiator with twin high capacity electric fans and electric water pump.

BRM six-spoke replica wheels (knock-on peg drive), front 9 x 17”, rear 13 x 17”. Pirelli P Zero VR17 tyres: fronts 235 x 45, rears 335 x 35.

Bremsport 4 pot race/rally front calipers, 330mm ventilated rotors. Granada rear calipers with 273mm ventilated discs. Twin brake servos.

Smiths Classic instruments, with mechanical pressure, water temperature and oil temperature gauges. Original-style lightweight seats with 5-point Luke harness. Fresh air vents and effective air-conditioning. Glass rear screen and shaped side windows. Cat 2 immobiliser with remote central locking.

Offered in the UK at £32K (approx $62K, Euro 47K)

For the seriously interested, please e-mail David Champ '[email protected]'

Attachments

• LEMANS1060.2.jpg
    LEMANS1060.2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,741
  • KSA118F.engine1.jpg
    KSA118F.engine1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,772
  • DSCF3750b.jpg
    DSCF3750b.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,729
  • KSA118F.interior1.jpg
    KSA118F.interior1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,739
  • KSA118F.wheel2.jpg
    KSA118F.wheel2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,702
  • shut lines.jpg
    shut lines.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,708
Last edited:
IAN UK said:
Hey Paolo
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have Just sold Mine !!!

What !!!! :confused:

Is everyone jumping ship or what ?!? :mad:
At this rate you'll have all moved on by the time I've built mine. :rolleyes:

John
We never really own these cars "we are just mere custodians of these fine recreations of an icon"
Time to let someone else enjoy.
Now tell me all about your Caterham.
Ian

Caterham :D

Well, mine is a live axle car with a 1700x-flow, producing around 140bhp.
Doesn't sound like much, but it only weighs 550Kgs. :grinf:
Polished alloy body with Racing green wings and nose (clamshell wings not cycle wings).

Next time I come to the club I'll tell you all about it :)
I might even see if I can dig it out and bring it along, but don't hold your breath ;)

Sorry, can't post any pics as I don't have any in digital form. Err, just found one, which was in our drive just after we moved a few years back, and it was raining, so its not looking its best

Attachments

• DSC00241 (Small).JPG
    DSC00241 (Small).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,486
Well, mine is a live axle car with a 1700x-flow, producing around 140bhp.

Sounds like i'm following in your footsteps - i also have a live axle 1700 X-Flow but looking to build a GT40 as an addition to the garage. Glad to see you've got flared wings as well - so much better looking than cycle wings :D

Alistair

sigh sigh...so what u told me during bbq (hej Paolo..the car is for sale:D was true)

eheh u wellknow for me is hard to understand cause we are always talking of my dream car,and being in italy that will be absolutely unique.

just i know when i will have mine (and I will..) I will never sell that,unless I will get an even better one.

Just today a friend of mine returned from Liguria and told me.." I've seen the nicest car of my life..an AC Cobra..".
And he dunno anything about the 40:D

for me Fran hall RCR catalogue production is the ultimate classify for the nicest cars ever done by human beings(gt40...p4...917..).

..just waiting to have the amount to have one:)

Paolo

GTD40 Gulf Blue - now SOLD

I am both pleased and sad to report that my 40 is now sold so please no more enquiries. I am sorry to part with it but how can you better the Le Mans Classic this year, fantastic – its going on a high!

I know the new owner will cherish it and I am sure you will see it again at Le Mans, hopefully 2008 – when I expect to be there again.

Paulo, it was unbelievable to be filling up when the Veyron pulled in next to us :) :) . You made an incredible journey to get to Le Mans hope to see you next time with your 40!

Dave,

sorry to hear its gone, but things move on eh. So what is next on the shopping list :burnout:

Alistair, I missed your reply. it seems clicking on 'new posts since last visit' doesn't always list all the posts that have been made... :rolleyes:
Yep, cycle wings look more sporty (and are easier to see where your going on auto tests !), but I wanted the classic look :)

GT40s and Cobras

Paulo, I genuinely don't have a new project in mind - but I'm gonna enjoy researching the options :)

I do like the look of the 289FIA but I think if I went this route I would end up wanting another 40!! I am not even thinking about a new project until my current GT40 has 'left the building'.

Are you saving to buy a completed GT40 or would you commit to a build, indeed are you allowed to build individual cars in Italy??

Attachments

• hfia.jpg
    hfia.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,050
Last edited:
ciao Dave,
unfortunately in Italy is impossible to obtain road plate for a self build car.
And thats a shame cause I wellknow too many car manifacturer helping me (also many many ex alfa corse guys).
Unfortunately If I will do that....I have anyway to move to UK to obtain a road plate, and that will become expensive (even if we are talking about a new vehicle).
So I am looking at a british or swedish car, already plated..and I HOPE to convert that in an italian road plate.

believe it or not...nobody down here do this before over a 40, just few cobras (ugly piglrim sold at 50k euros...with a shitty 3.5 rover...).

Thats why I love to be here and join the uk clubs.

Paolo:)

P.s:kmon Dave..I can never immagine u on a diesel estate mercedes...kmooon...Cobra Cobra:D

Brian Magee

Supporter
Dave

First Roy, then Chris, then Ian, now YOU. What has happened to the Four Amigos. Soon I will have nobody to play with.

Brian

Still out there.

"Horses Head" in the post to you Tony !!
Regards from the
"4 Amigos" Ex Owners Club.

Back