Guns, pros and cons!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
To everone else on this site, I apologise, I should not have gone off like that. But I have had it with this miserable little person.

If someone makes a point that he does not like, he does not reply to the post, the little prick makes personal attacks.

Time after time, he has done this and I for one will not stand for it.

One again I apologise to the good folks here who diserve better.

Last edited:
Posted by wyld

Listen you ASSHOLE, I just got home and read the above post in full, You FUCKING LITTLE PRICK, you leave my wife OUT OF THIS Discussion, on your best day you could not carry her laundry!!!!

Carry her laundry? Yessah, I's be a good house-***** fo' ya's...

Yes she is very very sucessfull and once or twice she has made more $ than I in a given year. But year in and year out I make more. I have run my own business since before we were married, have several employees (at leat one Republican) and make mid six figures!

And there's the "hook"...why yes, Jimmy, you are an elitist. Dropping hints at how much money you make...do you also have alot of expensive exotic cars and drive FLAT OUT?

I get paid mid six figures for my opinion, that's right people line up to pay for my opinion! They are happy to pay and do not care about my spelling!

Wow...some of us actually have to work multiple jobs to pull down six figures, but you just give your opinion and people fork out the cash to sit at your knee...gosh-a-mighty Jimmy-boy, you sure are special, aren't ya? Don't forget your helmet, ya lil window-licker...

So if you can do that show us, otherwise shut the fuck up you little prick!

Blah, blah, blah...shut the fuck up...blah, blah, blah. Now that's a liberal for ya...fuck my 1st Amendment rights, Jimmy-baby is upset and throwing a temper-tantrum, his words are more important than mine. By gosh, he gets paid mid six-figures to tell his opinion, so he obviously knows what he's talking about... ;)

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy...listen up, you elitist hippy fucktard...I don't care how much goddamned money you make, you're still a fucking imbecile. Your opinion doesn't count for shit, except to the other imbeciles with more money than brains.

Your generation had 4 decades to get it right...you failed every fucking time. All the fucking garbage that has happened in the last 40 years is the fault of pencil-dicked, small-minded, greedy, self-important, first-class fucktards like yourself. You FAILED...miserably. Get over yourself. Better yet, go choke yourself with a velvet rope while you masturbate to Yanni's Greatest Hits.

When I got my first CWP, the instructor an ex Special Forces told us that if an assailant was within 12 feet of you with a knife and you had your gun at your side, he would stab you before you raised the gun to fire.

Holy Jesus...you pointed out that using a gun makes it easier to use from a distance...I was just following up with that logic!

John,

You have not answered the question I asked, but moved the goal posts, changed my words and meaning to suit you, as you are won't to do.

This is the question I asked, no mention of knives, no mention of distance,

So faced with an angry aggressive assailant meaning to do you harm, and with your common sense and military training in mind would you rather they had a screwdriver or a gun?

John,

You have not answered the question I asked, but moved the goal posts, changed my words and meaning to suit you, as you are won't to do.

I didn't move the goal posts, you're just reading-impaired, or comprehension-lacking. And the word is WONT, not WON'T.

WONT: adj; accustomed, used, inclined, apt
WONT: verb; accustom, habituate
WONT: noun; habitual way of doing

example: Nick is wont to misread, read past, read over, reinterpret any posting made by John.

This is the question I asked, no mention of knives, no mention of distance,

This is what I mean by being petty Nick...a knife and a screwdriver can inflict similar injuries and wounds.
Evidently you've never seen photos of a prison-shanking. Might I suggest viewing rottenDOTcom?
Where I'm from people are more likely to have a knife at hand when being angry, aggressive and assaulting, than they are to have a screwdriver within easy reach.
And of course, once again, you forget what you responded to me with in one of your own fucking posts...but it's ok for you to interchange nouns and objects when it suits your mood, right? :rolleyes:
John,

I was talking about facing a civilian with a knife or gun but, why because he has a gun does he have to move further away than if he had a knife.

From post #183, pg 10 (my original response) and again on post #191, pg 10 where YOUR response to my post "moved the goal posts":

Based on the shooting skill-set I have seen among many "freedom fighters" and "gun enthusiasts", I would much rather they have a gun than a knife, because I'm less likely to be shot the first several times they pull the trigger, but if they are close enough to stab me, even if it's not fatal, it will wound me.

I think I made my point pretty fucking clear...I would rather be faced with a gun than ANY kind of stabbing, gouging, cutting instrument. If you had bothered to actually READ and COMPREHEND my response, you would know why.

That is my honest professional opinion. Granted, I would much rather have a bullet-proof vest with ballistic plates in either situation!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

And that was from the same response, given my druthers. Which is why almost every law-enforcement officer in this country has a vest...including meter-maids and jailors.

I think I made my point pretty fucking clear...I would rather be faced with a gun than ANY kind of stabbing, gouging, cutting instrument. If you had bothered to actually READ and COMPREHEND my response, you would know why.

[/COLOR]

John,

Just shows how we are all different, I don't consider what I put as being petty, but I do consider giving someone an English lesson in a debate on the pros and cons of guns petty, just my opinion nothing else :).

At least I can console myself with the fact that you don't have to be good at English to be an American Vice president so there is hope for me yet.

I think I have finally got it, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong. Taking everything you have posted into account, it points to the fact that in your professional opinion you would rather be faced in the street with a mugger carrying a gun than a screwdriver.

I'd take the screwdriver over a gun anytime but each to their own.

Last edited:
When I got my first CWP, the instructor an ex Special Forces told us that if an assailant was within 12 feet of you with a knife and you had your gun at your side, he would stab you before you raised the gun to fire.

Al,

I was talking about a mugger who has a gun or knife screwdriver whatever pointing at you from 12 feet away he would not have the gun at his side.

In this case I believe I would stand a better chance of survival if the mugger had a knife or screwdriver over a gun.

Well, well, well,

What a nifty thread this has turned out to be. I had my computer replaced today, so I was off line for a while, and I return to find that all hell has broken loose :).

I think for my own sanity I'd best avoid all paddock discussions in the future.

For Chris,

I don't know why you assume that all sense of the morality that you seem to find objectionable must be based in some sort of religion. I can only assume that all you agnostics and athiests out there are not raping your children and eating your neighbors for dinner just because the ten commandments tell you not to.

The fact that I find the wanton killing of featuses just as barbaric as the clubbing of baby harp seals has little to do with any belief in Diety.

And frankly, some of the most intollerant people I have ever met were liberals. Think for a moment, libs are more than happy to march down the street in support of gay marriage, but shudder at the thought that some religious group in Utah/Arizona/Texas or wherever wants to practice poligamy. As long as its between consenting adults, right?

People define conservative and liberal in different ways. I suppose that my interpretation of conservative may be more liberatarian than yours. The government should stay out of my life as much as possible. Take care of only those things I can't take care of myself (military, secure the boarders, build roads, and maybe schools), and generally keep citizens from abusing and killing each other. Other than that, stay out of my way, and I take care of myself and my family. I don't want or expect to be taken care of by the government, it does not "take a villiage". And if I choose to take care of somebody else, I'll be the one who decides (frankly, if you look at the charitible contributions of conservatives vs liberals, you'd find it much more likely that you'd be taken care of by the conservative...just look at the donations of the respected Republican and Democrat leaders...irrespective of incomes, quite interesting...Joe Biden is one cheap BASSturd)

Al,

I was talking about a mugger who has a gun or knife screwdriver whatever pointing at you from 12 feet away he would not have the gun at his side.

In this case I believe I would stand a better chance of survival if the mugger had a knife or screwdriver over a gun.

Nick,

It's probably time to bug out of this non-debate. I am tired, like you I'm sure, of trying to be reasonable and forward the debate when all that is thrown back is obfuscation and water muddying.

Let the yanks have their guns - it's what they want after all. I'll carry on trusting (to a degree) my democratically elected government, and I will sleep soundly knowing that they aren't about for rise against me using the army and police force as their weapon.

John,

Jim was wrong to post what he said, but he was under extreme provocation from you, and your reposte to him wasn't worthy of this forum. I think you let yourself down there...

Graham.

Nick,

It's probably time to bug out of this non-debate. I am tired, like you I'm sure, of trying to be reasonable and forward the debate when all that is thrown back is obfuscation and water muddying.

Let the yanks have their guns - it's what they want after all. I'll carry on trusting (to a degree) my democratically elected government, and I will sleep soundly knowing that they aren't about for rise against me using the army and police force as their weapon.

John,

Jim was wrong to post what he said, but he was under extreme provocation from you, and your reposte to him wasn't worthy of this forum. I think you let yourself down there...

Graham.

Graham,

Well put, sometimes I doubt myself so thanks I appreciate the support.

Maybe a case of "two nations divided by a common language". ?

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Some forums have a membership population that uses off topic forum areas that foster lively, but polite, discourse. Apparently that isn't the way here. These paddock discussions seem to degenerate into pissing matches fairly quickly. Doesn't matter what the topic is either. Any intelligent discussion that the topic starts out with it tossed in favor of a shouting match within a few posts.

If you're making most of your posts in the paddock and getting all worked up over topics here maybe you should find a political forum to join.

Ron,

That's the "Law of Forum Thread Entropy" in practice that I've pointed out on other threads that spiral out of control by the third page. :thumbsup:

Pat

Supporter
Thanks Ron. I'd like to second that.

Personally, I don't mind that members argue issues however aggressively they choose but of late the attacks seem to have degenerated to a very base personal level that has triggered a somewhat vicious and mean spirited atmosphere that I don't think serves the forum well. I'd hope that the Paddock doesn’t require formal oversight and that the members consider self-regulation and restraint on both the offense and defensive sides of issues. I'd hope we leave the nasty personal attacks off the table.
I (for one) would find the debates more engaging and enjoyable.

Thanks Ron. I'd like to second that.

Personally, I don't mind that members argue issues however aggressively they choose but of late the attacks seem to have degenerated to a very base personal level that has triggered a somewhat vicious and mean spirited atmosphere that I don't think serves the forum well. I'd hope that the Paddock doesn’t require formal oversight and that the members consider self-regulation and restraint on both the offense and defensive sides of issues. I'd hope we leave the nasty personal attacks off the table.
I (for one) would find the debates more engaging and enjoyable.

Veek and Ron - I couldn't agree more. I'm sure you speak for most people.

Graham

Back