Headliner to Roof Connection

I agree, go with the sealed duct approach.

My ceiling panel is held in place at the front by the A-pilliar covers. Then I trimmed the ceiling panel to follow the contour of the door openings and used an edge molding to hold it together. Its a clean look and a solid installation. Its also easy to remove the ceiling panel for maintenance.

I used a rubberized edge molding with a metal core and an internal gap that is a little wider to capture the thickness of both the ceiling panel and the body's doorway.

The interior looks fantastic by the way!:thumbsup:

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter

My ceiling panel is held in place at the front by the A-pilliar covers. Then I trimmed the ceiling panel to follow the contour of the door openings and used an edge molding to hold it together. Its a clean look and a solid installation. Its also easy to remove the ceiling panel for maintenance.

I used a rubberized edge molding with a metal core and an internal gap that is a little wider to capture the thickness of both the ceiling panel and the body's doorway.

Apologies for the diversion. Bill, just wondering where did your seats come from. They look very nice as does the rest of the interior.

Best,
K

Eric,

You have a good eye. Its was McMaster-Carr PN: 8451A74 "Plastic Edge Trim with Metal Core Plain, 1/16"-11/64" Inside Width, Black".

I had to widen the gap a bit on this edging, so you may want to get a slightly different edging.

Hey Bill, you don't have a part # handy? I recognize that McMaster edging anywhere ;)

Eric,

You have a good eye. Its was McMaster-Carr PN: 8451A74 "Plastic Edge Trim with Metal Core Plain, 1/16"-11/64" Inside Width, Black".

I had to widen the gap a bit on this edging, so you may want to get a slightly different edging.

Thanks Bill. Do you mean different as in a wider opening to fit the head liner and body section?

Also, how much did you use to outline the inner door frame?

I'll have to re-read your build thread to see all you did. I like it and want to replicate it :)

Hi Bill,

Great idea on the edging! I will do the same and Jack is currently making up a roof duct for me.

Do you recall the size of weatherstripping and rubber bumpers you used? (I assume these were McMaster as well?)

Hey Bill,

Just FYI, i went with a similar style but with a size of 9/64"-1/4". If you had to stretch it at 11/64", this might just work out just fine. I like the way the edging came out, really cleans up the door opening! :)

~Eric

Bill, that interior is just SWEET! I never get tired of seeing it.

Mike

Back