Hello & Help with new build

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time fan of the GT40, mainly because of it's ties to the FE and the shear beauty of it. I'm looking to build one of my own now. The black #2 MKII car will be my choice and I'm going with an original 427 SO HR (or maybe tunnel port) with a ZF transaxle. I have the engine and trans, actually several of them so that's not an issue. I'm a seasoned builder and have rotisserie restored my fair share of Mustangs/Shelby's, mainly '67 GT500's.

It was disappointing to find out that Superformance only sells completed rollers. Any suggestions on a good company that sells a authentically close replica of the MKII GT40. I'm ok with fabrication and can build anything but wouldn't mind buying a kit that has most everything I need or can provide me with suggestions on what parts can be sourced from what vehicles or vendors to lower the cost.

Any and all suggestions are welcome, I'd love to hear from the guys who are building their's and/or who have completed their builds as to the pitfalls and ideas.

Thanks, Jim

Back