How about this for a dashboard

Thanks, any more pics of this car under its bodywork? I thought gt112 was the car used to copy the bodywork for the { resto } of the newly found GT111

I'd read that too, and never twigged to the fact that 112 had been turned into a coupe. Now that it's been mentioned here, I can see that its evolution is fairly well shown in "The Ford That Beat Ferrari", my favorite GT40 book.

Interestingly, it was fitted with a standard coupe tail, set up for single taillights, but the old twin taillights were bludgeoned into place, so it looks decidedly strange from the rear (and even moreso from the front with those grilles over the hood vents).

Is it possible that the original roadster bodywork was set aside when 112 was converted to pure coupe form (as opposed to roadster with auxiliary hardtop fitted), and that roadster bodywork was then used to make the molds for 111? Or did 112's roadster tail simply migrate over to 111 during the course of the restoration?

I would hope they would have taken the opportunity to make molds of it, as 111 is destined to make up for lost time and lead a hard racing life; it's already been wrecked once since its restoration, hasn't it? I thought I'd read that 111 was pretty seriously smashed up during a vintage race...true, false?

Malcolm

Supporter
I have also seen Ken Senior's car. He told me that the first owner was a pilot and liked lots of instrumentation. Well he certainly got that wish delivered! Ken's collection is quite cool. He has about 30 plus fire engines and a three storey house dedicated to store his motorbike collection. Also if you like Simplex La France cars (something I was thinking of at the time) then he is your man to talk to. Choose between 9.25 litre straight 4 cylinder or a 14 litre straight six. External tappits and an exhaust system you can walk up into! Then he has a few Rolls Royces etc etc etc. Cool.

Back