How did the origional cars appear lower in the rear

Here is p 1043 ( the blue car from above) before repaint. Looks different to me.

Who knows ?
P1043-1106-7.jpg

As said before all a question of personal preference

TOM

Mike, thanks for the pictures of Victor's car. That is one very nice ride.

Tom, that picture of P-1043 in Blue is what I am talking about! That is the look that I am after for my build. IMHO the cars looks fast just sitting still. Curious as to how the fender shape changed when it was wearing 'white' racing colors. HMMMMM.

Jac Mac, I think that you nailed it when you pointed out the difference in the fender shape of the early cars from historical pictures. Thank you.
It seems that there are a lot of options if one wants to create an 'origional' early car look. By the way, the low-slung look is the one for me. I just have to figure out how to get there.

Thanks for the posts guys.
Garry

The first cars appear to have used the tire profile that is taller than today's wider low profile we seem to be drawn to on our cars we create today. Maybe it is the need for a tire that is 'sticky', but is safe for high speeds at the track. That is why I use a 17" rim with Z rated tires for the track and 15" period correct for the street. A 35 vs a 60 series sidewall. My wife warned me about getting my son hurt at VIR during his first visit.

Last edited:
Grady, thanks for the reply. I'm hip to what you are saying about tires and I believe that you are seeing some truth there.
What I have discovered from some members postings and pictures that there appears to be some differences in the rear wheel arch shape that affects the look of the car. One type is half-round and the other is eliptical...that is, on the early MKI cars with two taillights. Take a look at the pictures in the gallery and I know that you will see a difference. As it was pointed out earlier, there appears to be two types of Rear-fenders, even on the 65/66 cars. I guess the shape that you like is appropriate either way that you deside.
Garry:thumbsup:

Back