How do you make a McLaren MP4-12C uninteresting?

Park it next to an SL-C.

Props to ViperJustin for showing off the SL-C to everyone. I've never been the biggest fan of the looks of an SL-C but everyone always said JUST GO AND SEE IT.

Well.... JUST GO AND SEE IT. Seriously. They were right, very very right. I went from not sure to, I like it just the way it is, really.

There was a BMW of sorts, an FR-S/BRZ/GT-86 and a McLaren MP4-12C, I kid you not the ratio of people around the SL-C vs the other cars was around 7-10:1, at times there was no one around the other cars and plenty around the SL-C.

Justin is a great guy to talk to and had his work cut out trying to talk to everyone who wanted to talk to him about the car, it looks great.

Not a great picture but, it's all I had time for.

Attachments

• Image0339.jpg
    Image0339.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,128
Brian and I got some but they are much the same, I'll post them when I am back home and I'm not trying to tether through my phone.

Mesa will you be there tomorrow? Would be nice to meet you.

I felt the same way about the SLC when I first saw pictures of it...some pics looked great, some pics not so great.

I still ordered and SLC based on the better pictures I saw and the beautiful underpinnings.

While I was waiting for my SLC to be delivered I had the opportunity to visit RCR and see the SLC in person for the first time (and a Saleen S7 for the first time too), and wow, I was just blown away. It's difficult to capture the lines, profile, and stance of the SLC in 2d. There are some great pictures of SLCs around, but it's visually assaulting in person.

It made the S7 (beautiful car) look pedestrian parked next to it imo. I'm not surprised to hear it did the same thing to a McLaren MP4-12c which is an engineering marvel but pretty tame stylistically.

Agreed Ricardo. On "our" car, some angles are great, some not so great. Better looking in person for sure. Interestingly the Mclaren is much better in person too, pictures not so much.

Ben, I am here all the week - sent PM

Yep also agreed and I too actually like the McLaren better in person, it seems less... plain?

But the SL-C is just so aggressive, I love it. I'm not gonna lie, I'll be sneaking a look at it at least once a day.

Got the PM Mesa, will see you today!

Dammit!

I really like the SL-C but just can't see how I can come up with the extra $ to do one, so I've been considering the GTA/Apex.

But man that looks sweet and it's what I'd rather do, if I had the time, money, and ability.

Yup. Same Rapier car.

It was nice meeting a few different SLC enthusiasts. I didn't see Mesa there (out to lunch), but maybe I'll see you at Thunderhill this December. I talked to about 700 people yesterday and I'd say there were quite a few that took great interest in the car.

It was fun. I wish I could be there the rest of the week. And it was nice meeting everyone.

Edit: A quote from the Superlite cars Facebook page, "Its very amusing watching people taking pictures OVER the McLaren to get a good shot of the SLC..."

For the most part I agree with everyone on the forum. There were a few things I really didn't like about it in the pictures, but I went ahead and ordered one anyways.

When I finally got to see mine in person (long story), as it was sitting as a rolling chassis it looked awesome. Though I will say, there is still one angle I particularly don't car much for, and that is, on a trailer (almost eye level) staring at the front, (the bubble roof is accentuated), but look at it again from the front off the trailer and it loses a lot of that.

I will say the side profile is amazing. Even just sitting on the trailer, I would go outside to take a glance of it about every hour. It's a shame it will have to sit in storage for the next 11 months while I'm overseas.

I have a few but I am yet to upload them anywhere useful yet and they aren't much different to the ones already taken.

Needless to say, James is spot on and that's the issue/angle most people pic up on in pictures (the roof becoming a bit too much of a bubble), this was the part I was missing when everyone said it's much better looking in person and indeed they were correct.

If you are even thinking about it, go and see it in person and you'll be sold.

I have a few but I am yet to upload them anywhere useful yet and they aren't much different to the ones already taken.

Needless to say, James is spot on and that's the issue/angle most people pic up on in pictures (the roof becoming a bit too much of a bubble), this was the part I was missing when everyone said it's much better looking in person and indeed they were correct.

If you are even thinking about it, go and see it in person and you'll be sold.

Yeah, when taking it from MO to FL, my father took a picture of it of the front (worst angle possible), while it was on the truck, and showing people that's what he's building...grrrr..

Back