How long from order of slc.. to delivery

venius

Supporter
I ordered my superlite slc 13 month ago (1 year and 1 month)...still no replies when I email.. "when will car be ready for delivery?"..who got the last slc delivered so maybe i can figure when mine will be completed...7 month ago it was per Queue...I'm still waiting patiently though

venius

Supporter
OMG!!!! I got the email from Fran!!!! "Good news ...your car is almost ready to ship...would you like to handle shipping or viki?" ...
Thanks to the forum!!! I listened... I only emailed "when will it be ready" 3x.. at the beginning.... Then @40 weeks he emailed back per queue...
Then@ week 55..almost done!!!! Yeaaa..so here's what I learned from the forum.#1.Be patient..since I ordered the slc ive seen U tubers and others talking about and building RCR cars.. So popularity increased which means more orders = per queue (wait in line!!) #2. Fran is BUSY!!!..But he or Viki answered my emails quickly (8)... and my phone calls ( 4 calls) Sometimes he can talk and sometimes hes running the business and needs to get back to work!! So don't be discouraged if he doesn't get back to u in time or has to rush off the phone..don't take it personally...#3.I've also read some parts may be on back order but I've seen him answer and work it out with buyers (good business) and forum can steer u in right direction for parts too. (I kinda understand because it took 3/4 months to get some parts delivered that I bought online for my Ls3!).....in hindsight the wait actually worked out better for me too...I ordered almost all the carbon fiber options and graziano trans... I just have to JUST drop IN the engine and PUT slc together!!.(boy I make that it sound so ez!!!). so I guess this is my first blog!!! And some of my beginning experiences with RCR getting my SLC!!!
can't wait !!! Yippie yahoooooo.. thanks because of your forum post expectations and anxiety relief was learned!!!

Cody F

Supporter
Congrats! Looking forward to following along! Getting closer to purchasing an SLC of my own... In the meantime I get to live vicariously through everyone else. I could just feel the excitement in your post here lol

Dominic

Supporter
Gents, I'm very happy to be here and grateful for the vast amount of information, pictures and advice. I placed my SLC order almost exactly (1) year ago (Jun 2022) and I'm patiently waiting for the same "ship notice" that everyone looks for. I know that Fran & RCR are slammed busy. I hope that is a good thing. My last status update was in April 2023. I was told (maybe) 6 more weeks by Vicki . I hate being a pest but does anyone have any idea when/if/maybe to expect shipments? Is everyone at about a year for a rolling chassis? I noticed threads saying 10 months and others @ 14 months. I'll take any form of news. - Dominic

Vinny P

Supporter
I was told 8 months when I left a deposit. I ordered my car in March of 2022 and I took delivery on March 2nd, 2023 almost a year later. Car was rough. What did Fran tell you when you placed the order?

Dominic

Supporter
Thank you for responding. I placed my order 13JUN2022. I was told (by Fran) 16-20 weeks which would have been the end of OCT2022. I thought that it would be more like Spring '23. My engine from Summit had back ordered too (I have it now). I was told in APR2023 that there were a few manufacturing delays with the fiberglass but my components were all caught up. I felt that RCR had been keeping me fairly up to date and I know they have some delays that are not their fault. I only wish that I knew in advance that it would be a year (plus) for delivery and I currently have no delivery date on the radar? I can only assume that the delays are effecting several SLC customers and the staff must feel like broken records with the customers. If I can get your schedule, my car would be about ready to ship.?? BTW, ..Can you elaborate "rough"

Neil

Supporter
Thank you for responding. I placed my order 13JUN2022. I was told (by Fran) 16-20 weeks which would have been the end of OCT2022. I thought that it would be more like Spring '23. My engine from Summit had back ordered too (I have it now). I was told in APR2023 that there were a few manufacturing delays with the fiberglass but my components were all caught up. I felt that RCR had been keeping me fairly up to date and I know they have some delays that are not their fault. I only wish that I knew in advance that it would be a year (plus) for delivery and I currently have no delivery date on the radar? I can only assume that the delays are effecting several SLC customers and the staff must feel like broken records with the customers. If I can get your schedule, my car would be about ready to ship.?? BTW, ..Can you elaborate "rough"
To keep things in perspective, the current order backlog for Randall Made Knives is SIX YEARS. When I ordered my #1 All-Purpose Fighting Knife in 1961, their backlog was only TWO years. Quality hand-made items are expensive and are not "off-the-shelf" delivery. That is one thing that adds to their desirability and cache- cars included.

Same boat. Ordered end of March of ‘22, so that puts me at ~16 months. I’ve kept quiet, me nagging isn’t helpful and I don’t need a slapped together car to shut the squeaky wheel up. I did ask once in May for an update and was asked to send tires to be able to roll the chassis around and was informed 2 cars/wk were shipping, and Venius (a member here) ordered a month or so before I and received his car about 3 months ago so I was hoping for something sooner rather than later, but that’s it as far as comms or updates go. It’s difficult extending lengthy forbearance with no feedback.

I was told 8 months when I left a deposit. I ordered my car in March of 2022 and I took delivery on March 2nd, 2023 almost a year later. Car was rough. What did Fran tell you when you placed the order?

I was told seven months lead time when I asked here on the forum or Facebook I forget which. And how do you mean “rough“? You ordered the same time I did. It’s interesting that we ordered at the same time but I am having a significantly onger delay than you did.

venius

Supporter
My advice is to be patient. It does take a little longer sometimes. When the time is longer your mind and thoughts will start to wander with crazy thoughts...but you will get that call eventually. And it will be worth your time... Remember tesla pre-orders took 3 years to get the car. I was once in your shoes too...all of us had to wait too.... Hang in there. Slc car is real,shop is real and people are getting their cars shipped....but once again...my slc family...from those of us that got our cars...we had to go through it too...but the wait can be good sometimes to get things prepared...like engine, saving more money, Reading blogs, cleaning garage, build a buck, etc....don't buy any parts for car till it gets there... Hope this helped your
"SLC waiting anxiety syndrome" we all had it it will come...

Back