Hyd.front lift

I put it up for sale like two days ago and think I have a buyer already so that is good. I only put it on LT so far. Pics are here Trueleo Lotus Products. I was debating on keeping it, but I only put 400 miles on it last year and have a dedicated race car for the track, plus the SLC project should be a lot of fun. Got to give up some things to get the SLC as I can not have everything, but life is good.

$32.5k?!! WOW, they are expensive here! For once the UK is cheaper, sure they are built there but I hadn't realised how much they go for here.

Back on topic, can the ram be fitted upside down on the upper perch above the spring so it's sprung weight instead of being below as unsprung weight?

Stig,

Unless Shane was able to get Kooks to go through with the project for the SLC, I believe its DOA. That's why I'm having Roberto build my set. BTW, very clean GTM and I'm sure your SLC will look just as nice!

Back on topic, can the ram be fitted upside down on the upper perch above the spring so it's sprung weight instead of being below as unsprung weight?

Ben, I had to mount mine below, because I had clearance issues with the upper sway bar blade that I'm using. Otherwise, I would prefer to have it on top as well.

Good eye!

DSC_1411.jpg

As you can see, the blade runs very close to the upper shock/spring. The RamLift is a bit wider than the spring & perch, so I needed to move it down. I believe that the SLC offers plenty of room for you to mount as you see fit.

I can attest that the cost of this lift system was money that was WELL SPENT! It is very possible that I would not have been able to get my car out of my driveway without changing either the car or the driveway, (which I actually considered doing).

I my opinion, this item is not an "option" for these cars, it's an absolute must have!

Stig,

Unless Shane was able to get Kooks to go through with the project for the SLC, I believe its DOA. That's why I'm having Roberto build my set. BTW, very clean GTM and I'm sure your SLC will look just as nice!

I haven't spoken to him in a little while, but I do know that he had to show that there were a specific number of people who were ready to commit to the purchase before they would move forward for the GTM Headers and exhaust.

It took a while, but it was definitely worth the effort and the wait. (Shane may tell you otherwise, since he managed the headache of order/shipping logistics for everyone).

Since I don't want to hijack Grant's thread, I'll get back on topic...

Thanks for the compliment in regard to my build Doc. It's much appreciated. I am really looking forward to getting started on an SLC build before long. But I want to finish what I started with the GTM first, and then we'll go there. I'm certain that it will happen though, and I can't wait.

I find myself going through the build plan process for the SLC. I've read through as many build threads as I can find, and I think I have an idea of what you guys have faced. I'm really impressed with what the car is, and what you get for the price. There is a ton of great engineering and design built in.

Fran and his guys have done a great job with design and development. I absolutely love the chassis. And I love the thought of the body panels going into place as they should, on the very first fitting.

And it will definitely have the RamLift Pro system on it!

Take Care, and thanks again.

Mike

Last edited:
I believe Rob Mesa did it this way and it may be documented in his build thread. Could be wrong about it being Mesa but I know I've seen it done that way on the forum.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
I was initially going to mount mine with the rams on top, and I think RamLift Pro actually prefer it like that with the pistons pointing down, as there's less chance of debris getting into the system.

The final iteration will probably have the rams on the bottom, only because of the application and trying to gain as much suspension travel back as possible. The pic below is of the not-so-pretty prototype that I built. Since then we've reduced the number of adapters and perches and machined down the top shock mount, and hopefully have "found" at least 1 1/2" more travel.

This wouldn't have had any effect on the sprung vs unsprung issue, however.

Attachments

• IMG_3182 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_3182 (Custom).JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 254
My rams are on top of the springs with the bleeding port at the top. Works great this way makes it much easier to bleed.

Hey Stig, did you try mounting the shock assy inverted? I was shooting for that as a possibility putting your package together. I think the ram may clear the sway bar arm. We can get you some modified arms too to make it work. Might flip one side over to try it.

quickracingproducts.com

I don't want to take the thread off track, but since it was brought up......yes, I wish I could have made something happen with the whole Kooks/SL-C exhaust project. In the end, I only had a couple of takers and it was going to cost a good chunk of change to have Kooks make the fixures, so it just wasn't cost-effective at the time to dive into that.

Back to topic. Looks like I'll be putting one of these lift systems on the GTM I've got in the shop now, so thanks Stig, for the pics and video!

Hey Stig, did you try mounting the shock assy inverted? I was shooting for that as a possibility putting your package together. I think the ram may clear the sway bar arm. We can get you some modified arms too to make it work. Might flip one side over to try it.

quickracingproducts.com

Hi Ted,

I assembled the shocks (inverted) with the Ramlift at the top. It cleared with about 1/16". Any movement would have the arms and the springs in contact. I have the connector rods extended about as far as I feel comfortable with. Still tight. Modified Arms may be the ticket. I'll take a couple of overhead pictures to give you a better view.

Thanks,

Mike

Back