I ask for your help....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I live in small village in Buckinghamshire (England) called Litttle Marlow and most importantly I live in a very rural situation. You can find our village on Google earth and my house is just to the west of the cricket pitch. Now, we have become the subject of a planning application by the Wycombe District council (WDC) (to them selves !!) to site a running track , a car park, tall 15m high floodlights, all in the field just to the west of our house. This is a devious application because there is already a running track just 2 miles to the north of us and the local council are trying to sell the land off to build a Costco store. We also have the National Sports Centre one mile to the south of us in Bisham which is floodlit everynight brighter than Heathrow Airport.
Loads of back handed deals are going on to grease the passage of this application and the local planning department is the local byeword for corrupt practises.
I would be grateful for each of you to sumit an objection
- it matters not where you live - just please submit it and the details are below.
There is an outline of a letter as well - please use you own if you feel like it or adapt the one below to your own words.
I really would be so grateful.
Thank you

[email protected]

Dear Ms Bellinger

Planning application 12/06884/R9FUL

Dear Ms Bellinger

I wish to object to this application by WDC to move the Athletics track from Handy Cross to Little Marlow. The proposed development will be on greenbelt land and is unsuited to the open aspect which should be maintained in the Greenbelt. It is urban in character with car parking and floodlighting and will detract from the AONB land adjacent to it, causing light pollution as well as harming the views from Winter Hill in neighbouring Berkshire.
There is no public transport, no accessibility by foot, the area is isolated and will be little used during the winter months leading to a deterioration on the site. It is the wrong sporting facility in the wrong location for what is essentially a summer sport. The Athletics track is already perfectly sited at Handy Cross. This development will be on the extreme southern outer edge of Wycombe District when most users live in High Wycombe and north of the town.

Furthermore, if permitted this development will cause an urban sprawl linking Little Marlow to Marlow as well as leading to further development. It is vital to maintain the greenbelt in this crowded area of the country unless we want the whole of the South East to become a suburb of London.

Yours sincerely

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
David, when you say "it matters not where you live" surely they would not take any notice of anyone living outside the U.K.? If I am wrong I'll gladly fire off an objection.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Al,
So much appreciated.

And Pete,
Thanks in advance. Thats how it works. Anyone can object to Planning Applications and the weight of objections is taken into account when a decision is made.
Thanks
Dave

Mike Pass

Supporter
Email sent. I too have experience of an inept and corrupt council forcing such things through in order to raise cash to pay for their waste and incompetence. Good luck.
Cheers
Mike

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
Thank you so much.
The protest/objection is becoming larger every day. The brethren in the local pub, the Kings Head is now aware of the GT40 website members sending objections and to a man they all send their thanks.
I was told that the Chairman of the Wycombe District Council planning commitee has gone on record that the running track in Little Marlow
is guaranteed and a foregone conclusion. Really? The public hearing and the subsequent vote hasn't happened yet. He is as bent as a corkscrew - a nine shilling note. His house is totally covered in solar panels as well - and he's been mouthing off about how much power he is selling to the national grid. That shows what a tosser he is. If this running track happens, I bet he will have a nice new car and an exotic holiday this winter. It is all so bloody corrupt.

Does anybody know voodoo ? I wonder because the last 'councillor' who was so cock sure of himself (another one associated with the planning committee ended up setting fire to himself down a lonely road the other side of town.

Dave, you may not know, but under planning law you can make an application on any land not in your ownership providing you serve notice on the owner that you are doing so. Seems like multiple applications to develop something on your chairmans garden might shake it up, but of course each application incurs a charge. Frank

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Paul and Al,
Thank you so much.
Frank - I'd love to do that but as you say each application attracts fees and tons of paperwork.
Apparently they (Wycombe District Council in their application to Wycombe Distric Council [WDC] ) have modified the plans to resite the car and bus park so that all needs to go through the system as well which is in our favour inasmuch as it gives it another couple of months before any decisions are made. But I smell a bigger rat?
WHO PAYS FOR ALL THIS ? We do. We've just had a 'flyer' through the door - 6 page glossy brochure about this running track. How much did that cost to produce and distribute 30,000 copies in
the post and who paid for it? Your answers on the proverbial post card but WDC will not tell me anything about the costs. It will eventually come out under the freedom of information act but for the moment it seems is Cosmic. (Above Top Secret)

Last edited:
David, you should talk to Andrew Komosa, who besides being the GT40 club chairman is also a local government solicitor dealing with planning issues such as this, but not in your area. I guess he could give you a lot of inside info and pointers to your best course of objection. Frank

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just sent mine in David and recieved the following automated response

Lucy Bellinger is on leave until 7th November 2012.

Please send any comments on planning applications direct to [email protected].

In my absence if you need to contact or speak to someone in the Major Developments and Design Team please contact Chris Steuart, Team Leader on (01494) 421543 or e-mail [email protected].

So I forwarded same..

Back