I'm beginning to think I cannot take this any more...

I believe this fight can only be won by taking it to the people who are supporting the terrorists. Again all the fighting is being done in places we are committed to protecting and that is counter productive for us and will continue as long as the supporters of terrorism feel no pain.
When the jihadist' learn that their families are under attack and dying like flys back home that may give them pause and may cause those who have been sending them money and weapons to pressure them to give up the fight.
At the very least we would be on the offensive instead of sitting around waiting for them to hit us again, and that would be more satisfying.
Sept 11th had a cost of approximately $500,000 (and the sacrifice of very of their people) for the terrorists and we have committed Billions since to attempt to prevent and prepare for the next attack.
The price that they are paying is realitively low and as long as we allow them to control the Rules of Engagement their cost will remain low and our's high because we place a higher value on human life.
What could be done with those resources if we could use item in some other way?
Sure, we could abandon Isreal and let the Arabs push them into the sea but is that the legacy we want to leave with the world?
People in other parts of the world are able to live and prosper together, why not there?
IMHO.

The ONLY way to beat terrorism is to be a BETTER and more agressive terriorist than they are. Rules of engagement should only apply for video games!

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Oh Ian,
I wish it was so.
What the West needs is a radical change of leadership and ' Big Bollocks ' !

Lets go back 64 years or so....

Churchill saw the Red Menace coming, well before nearly everybody.
In 1944, against US wishes, he commisioned a study on whether it would be possible, to use the 1.8 million German soldiers that had been captured in the west, re equipped, to fight alongside the US and Allied forces.
Infact, it is established, that he instructed commanding Generals and Bomber Command, to cease destruction of German tank factories from late 1944.
His study was codemaned ' Operation Unthinkable '.
When UK and USA military chiefs warned him of future repeats of Kiev, the Kursk tank battles and Stalingrad, they said 47 Allied Divisions would be needed for an offensive, 14 of them Tank Divisions. A further 40 Divisions would be needed as a reserve or occupation tasks. Against this the Russians could gather twice as many tanks and men.
With the existence of the Atom bomb, this was Churchills reply ; he told Chief of the Army ,General Sir Alan Brooke:
" If they resist, well we can blot out Moscow, then Stalingrad, then Kiev and so on "

In today's light of day, maybe seen as extreme, but he had the measure of them.

My suggestions:

1. Cut of aid to Israel, force them to make peace with the Arabs.

2. Iran : Threaten and if need be explode a small nuclear device far enough off their coast, so that the man in the street in Tehran, is aware what their government isn't telling them the truth. This will destabilise the regime. Followed up by internet and modern day physcho ops that tell the common person in Iran that their goverment is deceiving them.

3. Iraq : Once Iran's meddlesome activities are curtailed, yes there will be a bloodbath. But better they sort it out, without their neighbour's interfering.

4. Afghanistan: Destroy all the poppy feilds that fuel and pay for the Taliban.
Massive influx of troops to drive Taliban out. Installation of high tech minefields along border with Pakistan .
Help for Pakistan's efforts, primarily based on winning hearts and minds in the bad lands. Proper and sincere establishment of schools and hospitals.

Its about time we had politicians that want to do something, as opposed to sticking band aids on the problem and collecting a gold plated pension.

May be i'm deluded.
I see it as i do, strike hard and be fair.
Sorry guys for the tirade.

Oh Ian,

My suggestions:

1. Cut of aid to Israel, force them to make peace with the Arabs.

Charlie, The Israelis and arabs have been fighting since the beginning of time, they will be fighting till the end of time. BO is distancing himself from the Israelis and sliding closer to the arabs as it is. It would be foolhardy to withdraw aid from the only true allie that we have in the mid east, but with BO that may happen anyway. Too bad, we should'nt treat the Israelis like that. You may forget, but it's the arabs that want to take us off the face of the earth! Great religion! Believe the way we do or we'll kill you!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Entitled Repatriation, the poem is circulating among UK troops in Helmand Province and across the world.

The poem tells of an unnamed 'hero' whose body is flown home and driven through Wootton Bassett in Wiltshire where crowds gather to pay their respects.

Its author Staff Sergeant Andy McFarlane, 47, who is serving with the Territorial Army, writes that there is 'no sign' of politicians because they prefer to stay away.

The father-of-two from Bicester, Oxfordshire, wrote another poem called Sunset Vigil after the deaths of eight soldiers in the space of 24 hours last week.

His latest work reads:

Repatriation

The leviathan of the sky does land
In England's green and pleasant land.
Its cargo more precious than gold
The body of a hero, bold.

Once the giant's engines stopped
The cargo ramp is gently dropped
Carried by six on shoulders true
The hero is saluted by the crew.

The coffin draped in Union Jack
Is slowly carried out the back.
Out of the dark and into light
Slowly down the ramp and to the right.

The six approach the hearse all black
And place the hero gently in the back.
The six then turn and march away
Their duty has been done this day.

Politicians usually have much to say
No sign of them near here this day.
They hide away and out of danger,
Much easier if the hero is a stranger.

The hearse with its precious load
Moves slowly out onto the road.
The floral tributes line the route
While comrades snap a smart salute.

At the edge of a Wiltshire town
The cortege slows its pace right down.
The streets are packed, many deep,
Some throw flowers, most just weep.

The crowd have come to say farewell,
The church bell rings a low death knell.
Regimental standards are lowered down
As the hero passed through the town.

The cortege stops and silence reigns
The townsfolk feel the family's pain.
The nations' flag lowered to half mast
Our brave hero is home at last.

Read full article: http://www.dailymai<WBR>l.co.uk/news/<WBR>article-1206963/<WBR>British-soldiers<WBR>-scathing-<WBR>poem-attacks-<WBR>politicians-<WBR>war-Afghanistan-<WBR>-death-toll-<WBR>reaches-204.<WBR>html#ixzz0OSu6f1<WBR>Qw

A group of young is being decimated for the goals of politicians. It is happening in a place whose people will neither care or miss us when we are gone. It's amazing what the powerful do to the young for the sake of power!

The ONLY way to beat terrorism is to be a BETTER and more agressive terriorist than they are. Rules of engagement should only apply for video games!

Right after 9/11 acts the best response was to fly over the region and erased it from the planet and make clear that any other country who dares to engage in such act will meet the same end. They deserved it more than Japan.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not harsh at all. I like Jack's solution.

Why don't we just turn the whole region into glass????????<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Back