Is Fox Next?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Craig,

How's your Wisconsin attack on teachers going?

Oh yea, you are a big looser!

You can add that to all the other thing you have been wrong about.

You have the nerve to talk about job killers!

Wisconsin recall election results: Democrats win big
The State Column | Staff | Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wisconsin Democrats won big Tuesday night, defeating opponents in a recall election.

All six official Democrats have been projected as winners by the Associated Press. When the unofficial results were totaled Tuesday night, recall candidate Shelly Moore easily won Wisconsin’s 10th Senate District primary 3,000 votes ahead of her opponent.

Last edited:
Craig,

How's your Wisconsin attack on teachers going?

Oh yea, you are a big looser!

You can add that to all the other thing you have been wrong about.

You have the nerve to talk about job killers!

Wisconsin recall election results: Democrats win big
The State Column | Staff | Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wisconsin Democrats won big Tuesday night, defeating opponents in a recall election.

All six official Democrats have been projected as winners by the Associated Press. When the unofficial results were totaled Tuesday night, recall candidate Shelly Moore easily won Wisconsin’s 10th Senate District primary 3,000 votes ahead of her opponent.
Jim from what I understand the republicans staged some no name candidates to force a primary vote as to bank another 4 weeks before the election.. it was purely a strategic move.

Fox dropped the mosque issue because it is not being built as projected and the whole project has been put on ice while it was being fought in court. So now news nothing to report. Now the site was denied land mark status on Monday so I am sure that this is going to heat up again real soon. Anyway continue on with the UNFOUNDED speculation (Man that must be some great cool aide).

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Craig,

Thanks, I kinda thought so. I will try and lighten up:)

Damian,

Is that what Fox told you?

What about the growing, Murdoch scandal?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
For those who only watch Fox, here is the latest news concerning the Murdoch "news" empire scandal.

LONDON — Rupert and James Murdoch will attend a British parliamentary hearing next Tuesday looking into criminality at one of their newspapers, News Corp. said on Thursday, after initially turning down the request.
  1. The company announced the father and son would attend after British Prime Minister David Cameron criticized their original decision.
Rebekah Brooks, chief executive of News International and editor of the Newsofthe<NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen" id=itxthook0w6nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">World</NOBR> tabloid at the time phone hacking is alleged to have happened, will also attend.
The reception is certain to be hostile. During a heated debate on the hacking scandal on Wednesday, Dennis Skinner, a veteran left-wing Labour member of parliament described Murdoch as:

"this cancer on the body politic."

Murdoch and other senior executives have denied any knowledge of the alleged practices.

British police also arrested a ninth suspect, named by media as Neil Wallis, a former senior editor of Murdoch's News of the World, adding weight to a government call for the media regulator to decide whether his business is fit to run British television stations.

It appears that we have a new adage here:

If you live by the poison pen, you die by the poisen pen:)

For those who only watch Fox, here is the latest news concerning the Murdoch "news" empire scandal.

LONDON — Rupert and James Murdoch will attend a British parliamentary hearing next Tuesday looking into criminality at one of their newspapers, News Corp. said on Thursday, after initially turning down the request.
  1. The company announced the father and son would attend after British Prime Minister David Cameron criticized their original decision.
Rebekah Brooks, chief executive of News International and editor of the Newsofthe<NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen" id=itxthook0w6nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">World</NOBR> tabloid at the time phone hacking is alleged to have happened, will also attend.
The reception is certain to be hostile. During a heated debate on the hacking scandal on Wednesday, Dennis Skinner, a veteran left-wing Labour member of parliament described Murdoch as:

"this cancer on the body politic."

Murdoch and other senior executives have denied any knowledge of the alleged practices.

British police also arrested a ninth suspect, named by media as Neil Wallis, a former senior editor of Murdoch's News of the World, adding weight to a government call for the media regulator to decide whether his business is fit to run British television stations.

It appears that we have a new adage here:

If that's the case, you'll die from a boiling caldron.

Jim,

Don't get to excited both sides are going in with their lawyers.

I live in hope, but I expect my dear old dad, (who was an honorable old school lawyer from the same mold as the honorable journalists of the time, and yes there were and still are such professionals) to be turning in his grave at their antics.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
All the Kings horses and all the Kings men......

Rebekah Brooks, Murdoch's long trusted (like a daughter) chief executive, was just arrested!!! They are going down, one by one......

I wonder who will be the first to make a deal with the prosecutors?

Damian, how is my "Unfounded Speculation" working for you now!

Last edited:
See my comment under David's post re the Chipping Norton group. Dick Morris did a great job explaining the differences between the US and other democracies in the world. The US is a far freer place (to give you an idea I am in Italy now. If you a piece of land with trees on it, you have to get permission to cut any trees and all must be done by 25 April. If you are found to have cut a tree without permission, the trouble will not end). And his overview was made before the scandal broke, pretty much talks about one of these differences. I wonder what changes will come from parliament.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
DOMTONI

You have no idea what is happening............................cutting down trees????

By the way, Fox is next!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Keith

I have always referred to Murdoch and his ilk as "anti-christ" because they wield far more power than the elected politicians. Due to a breakdown of education and the rise and rise of political correctness, nannyism and blame culture without honour, the 'people' behave like rabbits caught in the headlights of celebrityism and avidly gobble up any old shite the media throw at them.

It's been a disgraceful state of affairs for many years - this is not a recent phenomena, the tail has been wagging the dog for too long thus the media are 'trusted' whilst politicians are not.

A crazy state of affairs. The media have wangled themselves into a position that write what they might to elected officials, the officials are grateful almost like a hostage situation.

If Murdoch's power is slashed, to me, it's only the beginning. 'Standards in Public Life' is only the thin end of a very very large and ultimately painful wedge. Doesn't matter where you are in the world, the real power is in the hands of the media and/or organised crime. The difference is transparent.

Freedom of the Press? Don't make me laugh. BBC is next. :evil:

Ultimately though, the People get what they deserve. No point us bleating - we had our chance and just wanted to be cosy.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

As much as I would like to say you are wrong, I cant.

The media has been allowed to aquire way too much say and way too much power.

The people have allowed this to happen, good flolks have allowed this to happen, folks here on our fourm have allowed this to happen!

Of course they have the right to say what they want, just as we have the right to boycott advertisers who support missleading news.

I strongly urge everyone to contact sponsers of one sided, missleading "news" programs and tell them that as long as the support this crap, you will not be associated with their products.

This type of "grass rootes" type of thing works! I have sent off approx 20 emails and have heard back from many!

TAKE BACK THE TRUTH!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Garry,

I know you are just playing around, but truthfully, don't you think that we deserve to have honest "news" presented over the PEOPLES AIRWAVES?

Regardless of who does it, be it MSNBC, Fox or NPR, don't you feel like me, that the truth, presented in an honest way is not all that much to ask?

Last edited:
Yes Jimbo, all in fun! I was just trying to lighten you up dude. The truth is, we don't have any idea of what the press prints or telecasts is telling us the truth from any angle.
Garry

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Garry,

Heaven knows I could use a little lightening up!

The truth is, we don't have any idea of what the press prints or telecasts is telling us the truth from any angle.
Posted by Garry

Garry, I would say sometimes we cant be sure if we are getting the truth, but I can usually tell when something is slanted, and if its a fairly big story, its easy to check.

I trully feel that its up to us to insist that News sevices that use "the peoples airways" present both sides as fairly as possible and let us decide.

I'm not sure its that hard to do. A network that produces a sit-com we do not like, looses ratings and the show is pulled, fairly quickly.

I'm afraid that American citizens are polorized enough without folks pandering to one side or the other. What do you think?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The problem is that often the truth presented in an honest way is BORING!

Everyone finds things presented in a scandalous manor much more entertaining. There is the rub!

So ratings in and of themselfs are not going to do it.

Government oversight is problematic, can you say censorship!

Unless anyone can think of another way, we are left with influencing sponsors and all that entails.

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Jim

In days gone by I used to believe that the BBC offered a fai, unbiased and reasonably accurate report of the news without "sexing" it up.

But in the last 20 years that has changed and there is too much political influence.

That said at least it is only political and not swayed by sponsors - looking to make a fast buck.

Now American news broadcasts - I have nover found anything that I would describe as unbiased and after watching the news while on holiday I quilckly decided that I could do without it! (And just enjoyed my holiday in ignorance of what was happening in the world)

So how should it be done? State sponsored broadcast paid for by a TV licence. Sure it would sway left and right as and when either side took power but your could make an informed decision as to where the truth actually lay.

Ian

Back