Is this the Islam some of you seem to love?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This is just what assholes do when they can't get laid like normal folks. I apologize to any forum members who are paying for it.

I think this was true of the 9/11 hijackers also. I seem to recall something about them going to strip clubs here in MD.

I guess it's okay to fuck infidel women since they're all going to hell anyway. Speaking as an infidel myself.

Keith

No one is more shocked than I over these events. I have been trying hard to try and understand the mindset and the only conclusion I can come up with is CONTROL.

Control through fear, control through violence, control through intimidation. I feel that somehow "Radical Islam" is just a new tool in the power freaks toolbox. Did anyone in the West really care when millions of Rwandan kids were deliberately murdered and mutilated?

This poor kid however, made major headlines for all the wrong reasons. I absolutely struggle to comprehend the suffering of a relatively modern society at the hands of a minority of these jackals.

Please please, do not give them weapons....

BBC News - The boy killed for an off-hand remark about Muhammad - Sharia spreads in Syria

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I believe that probably 80% of the worlds' entire population are, in essence, good, regardless of faith, colour, or political slant.

I also believe that even those who make up that 80% often do things they know are not entirely decent, from time to time.

When the shit hits the fan, any one of those 80% would hurt another toprotect their own kin.

I also believe the media and governments across the world, (1st or 3rd), stir the pot and create more hatred than any portion of the population.

We all fall into the trap even by simply arguing the point of who is worse, more harmful, or more radical.

People are weak and in the main, sheep. So I am at least partially pleased that we here, have the balls to discuss and disagree. Lets just try to disagree without hate.

Agree 100%. The problem is the incessant focus on Muslims and the implicit, and sometimes explicit, belief that "all Muslims" are enemies of the west of some nonsense. But again, I agree with your post 100%.

Pete, no, I am white (despite Lonesome Nutjob's soul man wet dream) and was raised Catholic and am now an atheist. But I've worked for and with Muslims for many years and it is personally offensive to me Morton's obsession with calling them perjorative names ("Black Sacks") and suggesting there is something fundamentally wrong with their religion.

Ooooooo, a fallen Catholic. It all gets clearer. I had two aunts that were nuns.

The nun in my first grade class told us a story of a man that got angry with God and threw his rosary in the trash. The next day, he went to work and a machine chopped off the hand that had thrown the rosary.

It took my wife contracting leukemia, and recovering, to bring me back to God.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Ooooooo, a fallen Catholic. It all gets clearer. I had two aunts that were nuns.

The nun in my first grade class told us a story of a man that got angry with God and threw his rosary in the trash. The next day, he went to work and a machine chopped off the hand that had thrown the rosary.

It took my wife contracting leukemia, and recovering, to bring me back to God.

That's one hell of a "merciful God" you got there Bob.

I think I was ten or eleven when we came to that portion of St. Joseph's Catechism (Cliff Notes for Catholics for all you "nonbelievers") that explained how babies who died without being baptised couldn't go to heaven and were stuck in a place called "Limbo," and how you had to burn off your sins in Purgatory like some sort of masochistic gym before you could go to heaven, complete with a chart of stuff like "lying - 3 months, stealing - 6months."

The bullshit meter (correctly) flipped on at that point.

Keith

Morton's obsession with calling them perjorative names ("Black Sacks") and suggesting there is something fundamentally wrong with their religion.

Jeff, I am sorry, but if that's the way David feels that's the way he feels. It is not your obligation to put him 'straight' or direct his thoughts in any other direction in other than that which he chooses.

David's position on this matter is underwritten by thousands of years of history and is the same for both sides. If he has the balls to come out and say what he thinks who are you to deny him that right?

It may surprise you but I do not agree with some of the things that David says, but he is an all around top bloke and a friend with whom I never discuss any politics and, having risked his life for the better good, is entitled to say exactly what he feels.

And so are you of course, but the "I know a Muslim" ploy doesn't really work. If you add up the positives and negatives of this whole deal, I would think you would be in a significant minority and it's nothing to do with left or right.

You must not and cannot deny someone's opinion on a public forum just because it doesn't sit well with you. Your logic is as dictatorial in nature as those you would deny the right to speak.

I would say "stop preaching" and let the congregation decide their own fate...

Quick edit: Much of this got lost in translation. Being British with a fairly warped sense of humour derived from a thousand years of 'Imperialism' and exposure to a myriad of varying political systems, David actually (as did I and many thousands) found the concept of jogging in a black sack highly amusing. No more no less.

It was you Jeff that put your spin on it. Give it a rest.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
He can say whatever he wants about Muslims. And I can respond to his apparent hatred of Islam and Muslims however I want. Only one I see preaching here at the moment is you.

Keith

He can say whatever he wants about Muslims. And I can respond to his apparent hatred of Islam and Muslims however I want. Only one I see preaching here at the moment is you.

You could not be more wrong "apparent hatred" means not what it implies (by you anyway)

As for preaching - please be seated and turn to page 157...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Agree 100%. The problem is the incessant focus on Muslims and the implicit, and sometimes explicit, belief that "all Muslims" are enemies of the west of some nonsense. But again, I agree with your post 100%.

Pete, no, I am white (despite Lonesome Nutjob's soul man wet dream) and was raised Catholic and am now an atheist. But I've worked for and with Muslims for many years and it is personally offensive to me Morton's obsession with calling them perjorative names ("Black Sacks") and suggesting there is something fundamentally wrong with their religion.

That is interesting, thanks for the straight reply, I too was bought up as a Catholic and I am now an Atheist. Also I am white, angry and old. (Well not that old but you get my drift.)

Steve

Supporter
I'm white, mid-40's, raised C of E (Episcopalian here in the US) married a Catholic, might be one some day (loooooong story we don't want to go there), and moderately angry......especially that the money I had earmarked for a GT40 is now going to increased Federal taxes, Medicare "surtax", and MN taxes........wait, make that really angry.

Raised on Monty Python, subscribe to the philosophy that I'm neither racist nor a bigot because I make fun of everyone equally.

Jeff, I think that the "incessant focus on Muslims" is that they are the ones blowing shit up on a regular basis. If they put the bombs away, maybe everyone would get all kissy face with them. And maybe not.........................

All we have to do is what the UK Governement did in the eighties to Mr. Adams and apply that to all Clerics and/or Bishops of every faith. Take them off the news and the people of all faiths will, in the main, get back to doing their day-to-day, getting on with life, drudgery.

It took them long enough:veryangry:
In the 38-year Operation Banner, which ended in 2007, 763 servicemen and women were killed as a direct result of terrorism. It is estimated that the true total, including car crashes, suicides and friendly fire, stands at more than 1,300. More than 6,000 were wounded, some of them permanently disabled.
At the height of the Troubles in 1972 there were 27,000 British troops based in Ulster compared to 8,000 in Afghanistan and 4,000 in Iraq today. It was also the worst year for casualties with 102 soldiers killed.
(Source: Daily Telegraph)

Bob

Back