Is this the Islam some of you seem to love?

Thought for the Day.........

“We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few crazies....

But ...

We are told TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few crazies.”

It took them long enough:veryangry:
In the 38-year Operation Banner, which ended in 2007, 763 servicemen and women were killed as a direct result of terrorism. It is estimated that the true total, including car crashes, suicides and friendly fire, stands at more than 1,300. More than 6,000 were wounded, some of them permanently disabled.
At the height of the Troubles in 1972 there were 27,000 British troops based in Ulster compared to 8,000 in Afghanistan and 4,000 in Iraq today. It was also the worst year for casualties with 102 soldiers killed.
(Source: Daily Telegraph)

Bob
Agreed, but I did say 'in the main'. Extremists will always carry on and, by definition, I guess, that is needed to some extent. If only to serve to demonstrate that 'most' everyone else, is not extreme and does not wish, or cause, harm to anyone else. Giving extremists a voice through media etc, to the extent that all else is drowned out, is something that 'we', the majority, cross-party, cross-religious beliefs, could have some control over, if we wanted it!

The trouble is, this shit makes money and gives policy-makers a platform to work from, when prostituting themselves for votes.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

But ...

Since 9-11, including the Boston bombing, the number of people killed in the US by Muslim terrorists.......................21

Since 9-11, the number of people killed in the US by Guns.......35,500+.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

But ...

EXACTLY!

Nuts, isn't it! One would think they could at least be a bit more CONSISTANT in their marching orders for the rest of us.

Please allow me to 'edit' the above a bit to showcase who's actually doing that:

“We are told by the agenda driven, p.c. left NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few crazies....

But ...

We are told by that same agenda-driven, p.c. left TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few crazies.”

Now we'll probably be 'schooled' as to why the two conflicting stances above are completely logical and proper by themselves...

Since 9-11, including the Boston bombing, the number of people killed in the US by Muslim terrorists.......................21

With respect Jim, the 'problem' isn't restricted to only the USA matey! I really do wish that some of you guys would widen your horizons every now and again.

Keith

That's an interesting statistical analysis. However as Mark says, surely you must include international events involving US citizens and Muslims?

Like Iraq and Afghanistan? After all, it is being done to "protect US citizens" and thus must form part of the analysis.

No attempt at sarcasm here for the benefit of those who would deploy Straw Man-ism in their responses.

PS I would have to say that there seems to be a semblance of focus on body counts of late... :shifty:

And since 9/11 300,000 have been killed by drunk drivers, over 1,000,000 by medical mistakes, over 50,000,000 tobacco related. So, I guess the 21 dead and those hobbling around on prosthetic limbs are inconsequential. Nothing like the smell of C4 in the morning!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
More lapsed Catholics than you can shake a stick at. Is it the way forward?
Definitely not. The Catholic church is just plainly terrible. The example they present is something any right minded person would avoid.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not just Catholics David, most religions preach hellfire and damnation to others not of the same faith. The problem is they are run by people.

People apppointed by God Pete! LOL. What a load of old bollocks!

Why? Why, after 2,000+ years, do 'people' still buy into this fucking rubbish and want to kill each other over it?

Born, raised and taught in the Catholic tradition, by Nuns, I for one, would like the world and all it's peoples, to grow the fuck up and find a way to get along!!! Life's too short you bloody fools!

I am currently drowning my own personal happiness in a gallon of Sam Adams! Peace mofo's

Keith

"The Black Sack Mantra"

By the Kalashnikovs (Rap Version feat. A'ishah - Wife of The Prophet)

The Metre is still a Work in Progress...

"In order to look behind me, I have to turn around completely.

I can feel the rustle of my own breath inside the garment.

I'm hot.

My feet get tangled up in the material.

I'll never be able to wear this.

I now understand the stiff robot-like walk of the 'bottle women',
their unflinching look directly in front of them or fixed rigidly on any unsuspected obstacle.

I now know why they hesitate for so long before crossing the street, why it takes them an eternity to walk upstairs.

These phantoms that now roam the streets of Kabul have a terrible time
(avoiding bicycles, buses and carts.)

It's even worse trying to run away from the Taliban.

This is not a garment.

It is a mobile prison."

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The Arab Spring continues to bloom!

I'm supprised that no one has mentioned the recent overthrough of the Muslim led Egyption government.

It will take time, but with folks like this smart young man, their future is in good hands!

WATCH: 12-Year-Old Egyptian Boy Excoriates Muslim Brotherhood

I'll BET THE FARM there isn't so much as one 12-yr-old in this country who's anywhere near as aware of what's going on as this kid. I almost wonder if there's a teleprompter off camera!

'Absolutely STUNNING.

You would be hard pressed to find a 25 year old in this country that knows WTF is going on, politically or otherwise. We live among the most uninformed people in the world! Just texting or walking around with a cell phone stuck to their heads. 90% of them can't add or subtract two numbers or put a sentence together without saying "like" or "you know" 20 times.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Al,
Is it a case of education or lack of it, or is it a case of class division (and with that being the underpriviledged [underclass?]), or is it a colour problem?
I don't think it is just restricted to the U.S.A.

I think educational standards have dropped. The young can't make change if the computer or power is out, they can spell, they don't have any kind of grasp of history. They want everything given to them. The random questioning on the street about current events is laughable. Yes I blame it on education and wimpy give them everything they want parents. The government enables, forgiving educational loans (no one told them that Basket Weaving 101 or the Sexual Habits of Chimpanzees 101 won't get them a job) or Health insurance until they're 26 (while mooching off mommy and daddy) WTF ever happened to getting a job? Oh that's right, you can't protest and work at the same time.

Back