Isle of Man TT fastest ever lap 136.358mph

That trip was bloody good fun Mike! A real hoot!
Unrepeatable now since the hotel burned down!

This is my video of the third day, compiled for me by a very sarcastic teenager!

must be one of the first on -board video in gt40 where the speedo gauge actually functions .... rare view (for me at least!)
Paul

Never had the desire to run IOM, probably because I was a late starter in my MC racing career. Although, I certainly have respect for the the men that run at the front of the Senior. Not only can they process at the speed of light (comes with the territory), the more important thing is the ability to judge changing conditions instantly on the fly. Different weather and traction for every corner on every lap sometimes.

A few years after retiring from the sport I was invited (got talked into) to participate on the US team for something called the International Challenge. There, it was my honor to find the likes of John McGuinness (IOM Legend) as he was a member of the British team. Phillip Island Australia, 4 race series, with a points total to determine final order. Was leading John up to the last round, then...I choked the start and got a time penalty, that tossed me out of the top ten for the event allowing one of my heroes (McGuinness) to beat me on points.

One of many great memories from my time in the sport.

Last edited:
My old memory reminds me that Hemmingway had a thing about a few sports that really tried a mans courage.I might be missing one or two,but these are the ones I remember. Mountain climbing, Bull fighting,and motor racing.Still true DJ

Neil

Supporter
My old memory reminds me that Hemmingway had a thing about a few sports that really tried a mans courage.I might be missing one or two,but these are the ones I remember. Mountain climbing, Bull fighting,and motor racing.Still true DJ
Yes, he stated that "All the others are simply games."

Back