I've just been sent this. I think I agree with it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Tom,

In the midst of the worst financial recession in our lifetime, the number of people receiving food stamps went up? WHO WOULD THINK THAT?

Do you think the number should have gone down?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

The population of Spain? 49.3% increase? Kind of Misleading don't you think?

When Obama took office, the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps was:

Approximately 10.5%

In November 2012, in the midst of the worst financial recession in our lifetime, the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps was:

Approximately 15.2%

That is only a 4.7% increase in the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps!

Less than 5% increase in the worst economy of our lifetime!

THANK YOU OBAMA!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Wait..is this the thread where the evil scientist clones 12 Archie Bunkers and they all get together and bitch about immigrants and darkies?

Tom,

The population of Spain? 49.3% increase? Kind of Misleading don't you think?

When Obama took office, the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps was:

Approximately 10.5%

In November 2012, in the midst of the worst financial recession in our lifetime, the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps was:

Approximately 15.2%

That is only a 4.7% increase in the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps!

Less than 5% increase in the worst economy of our lifetime!

THANK YOU OBAMA!

Geeez Jim, try reading. The population of Spain is 47,190,493, We have that many people on food stamps.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

We are in the midst of the worst recession in our lifetime. During that recession do you really think that a 4.7% increase in the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps is outragous?

Tom,

We are in the midst of the worst recession in our lifetime. During that recession do you really think that a 4.7% increase in the number of Americans receiving Food Stamps is outragous?

From 2009 to the present food stamps have gone from just short of 32,000,000 to almost 48,000,000. The increase is over 49%, not 4.7%.
"the worst recession in our lifetime" started 6 years ago and is not getting better. Actually it started in late 2007, that's when the Democrats gained control of the Congress and Senate and when all the "everyone should own a house" subprime loans surfaced into foreclosure. Great idea!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, the percent of US citizens who receive Food Stamps has increased approximately 4.7%.

"the worst recession in our lifetime" started 4 years ago and is not getting better.

You have not been paying attention!

This shows only to 2011, the numbers have gone up and to the right since then.

The stock market is at record highs
Unemployment is way down
GDP is up
Housing values are going up

You say things are not getting better?

Now, just like the large economic dip at the begining of his term, I do not think the President has much to do with the economys return, but things are absolutly getting better!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Great news on jobs: Unemployment rate falls to 7.7%, 236k added to payrolls

The latest report on the state of the U.S. job market offered good news all around, the best reading in months on the state of the economy.
Jobs? There were 236,000 more of them on U.S. employers’ payrolls in February than in January. The unemployment rate? Down to 7.7 percent, from 7.9 percent. Wages? Private-sector pay rose 0.6 percent as people both worked more hours and at a higher hourly wage
gdp_large.gif

Last edited:
Jim, In one thread you say we are in the "worst financial recession in our lifetime", in the next you say that I'm not paying attention and everything is roses, you can't have it both ways.
Jan 2009, 31,939,000 on food stamps, now 47,693,000 on food stamps, an increase of 15,754,000 or about 47% increase, not 4.7%

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

You can't be that ignorant, perhaps you just don't follow current events?

Starting in 2007 our economy tanked, it was the largest recession in our lifetime!

The recovery has been slow, but the economy is comming back. Unemployment has been slowly declining, and you seem to be totally unaware, but the stock market has recovered all the losses and is in record territory.

Home values in my area have gone up substantially, not to 2007 values, but they are getting close. Homes are selling quickly, most over list price with multiple offers.

Now this is kind of complicated, so pay close attention. When Obama became President the percent of Americans receiving Food Stamps was approximately 10.5%.

A few months ago, the percent of Americans Receiving Food Stamps was approximately 15.2%.

Now Tom, that is an increase of approximately 4.7%

You are also correct, if you compare the number of recipients in 2008 to the number of current recipients, that number has increased by 47%. 15.2% is approximately 47% higher than 10.5%.

It's the same numbers, just shown in a different way.

Tom you don't really believe that 47% of Americans receive Food Stamps do you?

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Far be it for me to answer for Tom, he is very capable of doing that for himself.
Jim where did Tom say that the number of Americans on food stamps was 47% of the population? He said that the number of people on food stamps had increased by 47%. And you agree with him.
Btw I hope your pension plan is not entirely invested in stock.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Pete I did agree with him, but unfortunatly he did not agree with me. In his last post, he said this:

'Jan 2009, 31,939,000 on food stamps, now 47,693,000 on food stamps, an increase of 15,754,000 or about 47% increase, not 4.7%'

Pete, he obviously does not see that both numbers are correct. So what does he see?

Stocks, Silicon Valley real estate and two private companies:)

Last edited:
As alway you find it impossible to carry on a discusion without name calling or condescension. Yes both numbers are correct, but for different values. Yours is a percentage of people from the total population, mine is a percentage a of gain in people from a starting number. They are not the same. If having 15.2% of the population on food stamps seems ok to you, continuing conversation is wasting time.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

You posted this: ""the worst recession in our lifetime" started 6 years ago and is not getting better"

So Tom do you really believe the economy is not getting better or are you just saying that to mislead?

Anyone who has been paying attention would know that the economy IS GETTING BETTER!!!

Do you know about the decline unemployment rates?
Do you know about the RECORD Stock Market?
Do you know about the increase in home values?
Do you know about the return of new home construction?
Do you know about the increase in GDP?

So what is it, are you misinformed or are you misleading?

If having a conversation with me is "wasting time", I suggest that you stop these politically oriented, miseading posts! If you do not post, I promise I will not answer.

Last edited:
When the people who have given up on pursuing a job is not omitted, the unemployment rate is 14%.

The "record" stock market is falsely propped up by the Fed openly pumping newly printed money into the system. The longer this is not corrected, the worse the crash will be when it can no longer sustain itself.

New "values" of homes? Has the value of a house gone up, or has the buying power of the US dollar sunk like a stone?

Again, GDP, the dollar is worth ten cents.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
That is great new, we call all sleep better!

As we know virually any statement or prediction made by Mr Fechter has proven false.

So we can bank on lower unemployment, higher stock value, higher home values and a stonger dollar!

Well, it has been settled, the Board Nazis has decreed the US Dollar is worth more now. I feel better already. Bogus charts to follow!

Steve

Supporter
Tom,

Yes.

BTW, we're in a supposed recovery...

Back