K & N Extreme Filter

For all you 4 barrel carb. guys. I just installed a K & N Extreme filter on my CAV GT-40. I ordered it through Summit Racing Equipment ( 1-800-230-3030 ) or www.SummitRacing.com . I ordered the complete assembly ( code #66-3150 ). It comes with a filter element that is to tall for my 40. You guys with lowered motors may beable to use it as is. I only had about 1/8" clearance to my rear clip window. I called Summit and they sent me another filter element that is 2" high to replace the 3" high element. Its code number is ( # E-3527 ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif It is 9" in diameter and fits carbs that are 5 1/8" diameter. IMHO it looks really " COOL " and also lets air enter the carb straight down the stack which greatly increases the flow of air. I'll post some pictures of my old filter and the new K & N. JOSEPH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ( Have to compress them and post them later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif ) I have no connection with K & N or Summit.

OLD FILTER

Attachments

• 37710-P1010009.jpg
    37710-P1010009.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 284
Joseph,

I had a similar K&N filter arrangement(11")on my carb. They

"breathe" very well. They are washable(soap&water),

re-oilable, and will last quite a long time.

If anyone is interested, mine is for sale, due to EFI

installation. PM me for info.

Bill

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Joseph, Not to get off topic, but where did you get your links and related bits to connect your sway bar to the rear A-arms? So that this threa does not get hijacked please email me. Thank you,
Rick.

Back