Ken's SLC build thread

Ken Roberts

Supporter
There is a member on a Facebook BMW ABS brakes retrofit group that is developing a passive to active module for converting wheel speed outputs. It’s currently in the testing stage if anybody is interested in one. He is pricing them at $325. Here are a couple of pictures.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 26

Steven Lobel

Supporter
There is a member on a Facebook BMW ABS brakes retrofit group that is developing a passive to active module for converting wheel speed outputs. It’s currently in the testing stage if anybody is interested in one. He is pricing them at $325. Here are a couple of pictures.
View attachment 136074
Unrelated to this, but there is a company NMSTEC that was making steering rack controller boxes for late model cars. I have a tesla rack and am awaiting a custom box to make the electric power steering work. Even if it is static assist I'd be happy. The underground support for CANBUS exists, just not well commercialized- no money in making an item you might sell 10 of in a year. Hobbyist level stuff.

I recently installed an MK60 ABS system on my SLC and it is phenomenal, no more end swapping. I use the speed sensor built into the C6 front hubs and a toner ring on the rear drive shafts.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I recently installed an MK60 ABS system on my SLC and it is phenomenal, no more end swapping. I use the speed sensor built into the C6 front hubs and a toner ring on the rear drive shafts.
Which brake master cylinders are you using Craig? Are you using a steering angle sensor and YAW sensor to add dynamic stability control as well?

I have no steering angle sensor, the YAW sensor is from an e46 BMW - #34526764018. The master cylinders are the ones supplied from RCR back in 2014 ... I don't recall the specs but I haven't changed them. I had Doug Wardell (Douglas Wardell ([email protected]) source most of the parts and create the wiring harnesses.

Last edited:
Back