L.M.P. track/race debut

From Ryan

BIyAMEfCIAAf0oB.jpg:large

Holy shite!!!! That is incredible!!!!!

Edit: Anyone want to bet that, even though this is a shake down run, records will be broke???

Today's race on NASA TV
Small world, Chris (owner of our SLC race coupe) is racing his ST Mustang this weekend at Mid-O, turns out the LM-P is in the next garage. He said they have been having some new car blues - to be expected for sure.
This afternoons race is streaming on NASA TV
Chris' Mustang is satin black #76

NASA Racing at Mid Ohio on Livestream

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just watching the streaming feed and they said the LM-P was out maybe because of a clutch problem..

But they did say that the car did well in the enduro..

That looks bad ass, intimidating. Ted, thanks for the link. i think SU just ended, does anyone have any results?

Just watching the streaming feed and they said the LM-P was out maybe because of a clutch problem..

But they did say that the car did well in the enduro..

I believe that was NOT the Superlite LMP 01 car.
The car you mentioned was a Daytona Prototype with a Japanese engine. It did win the enduro yesterday. It was also the only other SU (super unlimited) class car in today's race.

The Superlite LMP 01 car looks to have qualified in 2nd position for today's race, but it did not show up at the race's start. I have heard nothing as to what the problem was. Being the new LMP's 1st race weekend, we can all imagine many of the 100's of things that may go wrong. Hopefully, it will be ready for tomorrow's race.

The car was finished being assembled at the track on Friday, that being the case there is no surprise that the car is going to have some issues that only shake down runs will make apparent. Actually the lack of any run time on the car has resulted in a few issues to sort out. One of them that the front splitter is generating so much down force that it is getting sucked down onto the track and then springing back up as the air is cut from under the car. Resulting in significant porpoising. They are working on a fix and this is exactly what shake down runs are for. Even so the car is ''out-of-the-box'' fast as it is reported only a few seconds off the pace of the DP car that is there.

Pretty good start I'd say.
Can't wait for the pictures myself.

Too funny that an SLC owner is pitted right next to the RCR team by chance. Thanks for the link Ted!

From Ryan today:

Small mechanical failure in the Superlite LMP sends us all home early. Lot of progress made and with small changes this car will be way fast
Gear ratio was set funny (stock ratio for Corvette) and left me only using 1st/2nd/3rd gear out of 6. That change alone would be huge
Big thanks to the @SuperliteCars crew for preparing a great car and one that is only two seconds off the lead in its first five laps ever.
Really happy with all the progress of the @SuperliteCars LMP and can't wait to get back behind the wheel of the SLC 2.0 later this year.

Katech engine and seq trans...no other changes to the SLC
Sent from my MetroPCS Android device

Haha, I'm glad Fran got on here to calm everyone down. Didn't mean to cause pandemonium! Just sequential trans and Katech engine as Fran said.

I'll be back on here in a little to give you all all my happy feedback about the LMP. If you haven't placed an order yet, you're gonna want to! It's a mean machine :pepper:

Back