Le Mans 2013

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Any one attending either the test day on the 9th. June
or the race 19th. through to the 23rd. June ?
I'll be there for both and the usual place is at the entrance to the Aeroport - first house on the right.
Probably a quiet beer or two on Saturday night of the 8th. down in Arnage.
My email for this event is [email protected]

Dave

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I'll be going for a beer in Arnage area on Saturday evening. If you are around then , let me know though I guess that if you live 1/2 hour out you'll come from home on Sunday morning.

David

I've got to come in to the circuit some time Saturday afternoon / early evening, to pick my passes up. I could pop along and see you. What time will you be there from ?

Stephen

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, it was a rainy sort of day yesterday and it was almost continuous drizzle until the last three hours. The sweet spot was in the last 10 minutes with the track gradually drying though the Ta (Air Temp) was never more than 13.8c. with overcast conditions.
The team (Audi Joest) had and 'off' earlier so everything was being saved and concentrated into this last ten minutes. P1 ? Never in doubt.
On Saturday, Stephen arrived at the radar position on the aeroport with his fabulous car and offered a trip around the circuit. Which we did and it was just great with Stephen turning up the volume as well. From there I offered a coffee in exchange for this trip around the circuit ( good swap?) in Arnage and we ended up being marooned in a bar for several hours while the gods made love (huge Cb clouds and a tropical thunder storm the like of which France rarely encounters) Loads of yarns, jokes and so on with some other chaps similarly marooned , and I really have no idea what time we came out of the bar but it might have been nearer to sunset than mid afternoon.
Thank you so much Stephen. I look forward to race week.
Dave

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Lunchtime Thursday:
Temperature 21c wind, Light and variable, all very relaxed.
Lunch of Langoustines beckons in Le Mans Centre Ville, then a nice snooze and get ready for work at 17:00 with track activity from 19:00.
Its a very hard life really. And then the rain comes...............

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Indeed - think on for 2014. Today is the day off so shed loads of laughs in Arnage with crowds on the side walks and loads of high power sports cars doing burn outs on the main street and being sprayed by high power water pistols.
Quite a fun weekend Jack so if you feel like coming and having a boys weekend let me know. Pete might be here next year as well.
Dave M

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
One hour in and only 15 minutes of racing and 45 under safety.

I guess Dave has had it easy for the first hour!
Ian

Back