Le Mans 2013

Keith

Is he the Danish guy that used to run Ferraris in Australia and the UK in FIA GT?

Holy cow :stunned:

Lap 3? RIP.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Raining again and under safety car with 1 hour to go.

Looks like Audi still in the lead!

Did you call the weather correctly David.

Ian

Mike Pass

Supporter
That is really terrible. The accident is very puzzling as Allan Simonsen was a very capable driver. I have spent a lot of time in the past watching at that corner and it is not a place you would expect such accidents even though it is pretty fast. Having seen the video it is a very odd series of events. As his car is exiting the corner it runs onto the rumble strip and then seems to oversteer briefly and then very suddenly snaps the other way and spears sideways off the track to the left and the distance to the barriers is quite short and the car hits at high speed but not at the shallow angle which you would expect. It is also very odd that after the crash a tyre but not a wheel is seen rolling on the track. All in all a strange thing to happen. It is very hard to see why the car should suddenly snap left and head straight off the track like that to hit the barriers almost head on.
I did notice from some other bits of video of the car that it seemed to be running at a very very low ground clearance. Whether this was factor as the car went onto the rumble strip is hard to tell but when the car started to lose control the rumble strip was in the centre of the car.
A very strange and tragic thing to happen. My condolences to his family and the team.
Mike

Keith

It looks, er, totally innocuous....until the 'snap' :uneasy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXErF1eRkOI"]24H Le Mans 2013 A. Simonsen (Aston Martin) Fatal Crash R.I.P. - YouTube[/ame]

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
That's my years work done. At least my years work for Audi done. I might just go out for another team running in a different series for five races all in Europe. Then again I might just find a few good books and move my abode for a few weeks to the Indian Ocean on one of the islands in the Maldives.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, tough choices, or you could stay home and do all those chores that need doing!:lipsrsealed: Nah the Maldives sound great.

Back