Le Mans Classic 2010

Hello Ian,

Can you please print a list of all members who have committed and paid for the Friday laps, as anything can go wrong between deciding to do it, and being counted as going. I have sent my money, but I have had no acknowledgement of whether it has been received and logged. In the interest of accurate number-taking, can you please do this ?
Then, if any member cannot see their name on the list, it can be corrected. Who knows, this may flush out a few more candidates... I know it's more work, but as you say, this is time-critical.

Thanks for all the effort you are making, it is appreciated by us all.

Tony.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Good idea Tony

I would presume people would not complain if we divulge their names on a public forum.

Any nay sayers please speak up and in the meantime I'll see what I can prepare

Richard
2 laps sessions will go ahead on the Saturday but they will probably be as busy / busier than last year.
Organisers are slow on the decision on what other club can join us on the track for Friday 1/2 hour session (between 5 & 7 Laps)

Ian

Chris Edwards ''I think Ian made it clear in his post on 6th November that only specific cars are allowed on the track by the Le Mans authorities, and neither my Noble, nor a Lotus Evora would be eligible, so it doesn't matter what club members think!''

Fair enough - I stand corrected. Could have been a bit more friendly with the way you put it. Don't know about you Noble owners but we GT40 owners are a friendly bunch.

JPC BATE - that wasn't a dig at you, but rather at the Le Mans organisers! They expect the club to pay £20k for half an hour, then they dictate which cars can participate, and take no account of the wishes of the club members who are swelling their coffers. That was my point.

I've been around a long time on this forum and even longer with the GT40 Enthusiasts Club, and even though I sold my 40 over 3 years ago, I think I'm still a pretty friendly guy!! I stand to be corrected by the many many mambers I know!

Blimey, this could get expensive! I notice no-one says they like me enough to offer to buy ME a drink!
Enough though - I suggest that to avoid too much thread drift, we forget this avenue, and leave the thread to the serious issue of the Classic, and you lucky chaps who have this fantastic opportunity to drive the full track!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Blimey, this could get expensive! I notice no-one says they like me enough to offer to buy ME a drink!

I will.

But I will still add that I know you're a very friendly (& generous) chap - so now we owe each other one so let's call it quits! ;-)

Max

Can you please print a list of all members who have committed and paid for the Friday laps, as anything can go wrong between deciding to do it, and being counted as going. I have sent my money, but I have had no acknowledgement of whether it has been received and logged. In the interest of accurate number-taking, can you please do this?

To get down to business for a minute, this information, as at 26 November, has been posted in the Members Area of the Club website. Obviously, you will have to log in.
This a Data Protection requirement; anyone not wishing to publish their name in a semi-public arena, please let me know and I will remove it.

As the GT40 Enthusiasts Club has selected Grandstand Motorsports to supply complete trip packages, you may be interested to see the 'Lite' deal I have arranged for myself with them. As I need neither accommodation nor ferry, I have the following deal
(GT40 Enthusiasts Club members only) :

Diane Simons Grandstand Motor Sports 6b Fir Tree Lane Groby
Leicestershire LE6 0FH Tel: 0116 231 1222 Fax: 0116 287 4999
[email protected] Grandstand Motor Sports Tours - Formula One / F1 Grand Prix, Le Mans, MotoGP, Historic and Classic Motoring Holidays

The price for the arrangements as described will be £159 per person and will include ~
your infield parking for GT40 only, weekend admission, grandstand seat and paddocks access.
Lunch at the track on Saturday.
The price does include the 5% GT40 member discount and is based on 2 in 1 car.
The grandstand tickets will be in Lagache and we have our allocation confirmed already.
You may send the payment as soon as you wish to book and we will then forward a confirmation invoice to you.
In order to confirm your reservation we do require a deposit of £150 per person - by cheque or credit/debit card as you wish.
You can pay the balance due 8 weeks prior to travel.
In this [specific] case you may prefer to settle in full as the difference is minimal.
The actual tickets we will have 3 to 4 weeks prior and will mail them all out at that time

So, if you have no need of UK ferries and pre-arranged accommodation, this may be for you, especially as it includes the infield parking for your GT40.

Tony.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
As the GT40 Enthusiasts Club has selected Grandstand Motorsports to supply complete trip packages, you may be interested to see the 'Lite' deal I have arranged for myself with them. As I need neither accommodation nor ferry, I have the following deal
(GT40 Enthusiasts Club members only) :

Diane Simons Grandstand Motor Sports 6b Fir Tree Lane Groby
Leicestershire LE6 0FH Tel: 0116 231 1222 Fax: 0116 287 4999
[email protected] Grandstand Motor Sports Tours - Formula One / F1 Grand Prix, Le Mans, MotoGP, Historic and Classic Motoring Holidays

The price for the arrangements as described will be £159 per person and will include ~
your infield parking for GT40 only, weekend admission, grandstand seat and paddocks access.
Lunch at the track on Saturday.
The price does include the 5% GT40 member discount and is based on 2 in 1 car.
The grandstand tickets will be in Lagache and we have our allocation confirmed already.
You may send the payment as soon as you wish to book and we will then forward a confirmation invoice to you.
In order to confirm your reservation we do require a deposit of £150 per person - by cheque or credit/debit card as you wish.
You can pay the balance due 8 weeks prior to travel.
In this [specific] case you may prefer to settle in full as the difference is minimal.
The actual tickets we will have 3 to 4 weeks prior and will mail them all out at that time

So, if you have no need of UK ferries and pre-arranged accommodation, this may be for you, especially as it includes the infield parking for your GT40.

Tony.

I have just received this e mail drom Diane at Grand Stand Motorsports

I understand that there is a 'ticket only' arrangement for the above on your website at UK159 per person - I think it was put there by Tony Jasper? I regret that I can no longer offer this arrangement at this price. If you do want to leave this on your site I must ask that you increase the price to £180 per person to cover my costs and the prevailing exchange rate.

I do apologise for this but some background - since quoting the tour prices to you I had to recost for our brochure on a worse exchange rate. However, since you had already advertised the prices I let them go ahead and we are also giving your members 5% on those lower prices. I'm happy to stay with these original prices for you for people who book accommodation packages but for ticket only - and there are quite a few of those coming in - I do have to increase the price.

I hope you understand but let me know if this is a problem for you.
Regards
Diane

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Last Chance

That is for the 1/2 hour session

We were granted an extension until the end of January to finalise numbers of GT40s for this session and will therefore need to make the final payment to the organisers on 31/01/2010

So if you have been sitting on the fence it is now time to make a decision - if you want one of the 100 spaces on this session get your payments in to Tim Martin the club treasurer as soon as possible

To the 57 paid up members so far taking part a big thank you for your support

Regards
Ian

Is there a price to simply get into the circuit for those of us who won't be participating in the club parking area and don't want any extras like the Saturday lunch?
£180 per person seems a far cry from the prices in previous years! I think it was less than £50 per person in 2008.

I've just looked at prices on the web and, for example, Tickets-2-U quote the following prices:

£54 General entrance ticket
£20 Grandstand seat
£30 Paddock pass
£20 car park ticket

£124 Total. No credit card or booking fees

So, am I right in assuming that the £56 difference between this and the £180 quoted by Grandstand is for the Saturday lunch and access to their hospitality area over the weekend?

Back