life span of aeroquip fuel hose?

Alan,
Had another trip to Silverstone (Ford Fair)200 miles and all is ok with my Teflon fuel hoses, no fuel smells, no leaks, Teflon is the way forward!
John.

My 2002 CAV had teflon lined SS braided hoses....and by 2011 these were shot. None were leaking, however, upon removing a couple of them and giving them a good bend by hand fuel did start to drip through the braid. I removed the braid on two of them just to have a look and it was clear that there was a fair bit of deterioration of the lining and rubber. We have 10% ethanol at every gas pump out here in Seattle.

I replaced all the hoses with a goodyear hose which is a good fuel hose I believe: Fuel Injection Hose SAE 30R9 | Goodyear® Engineered Products. A local hose shop made these fuel lines for me with the proper fittings and SS braid cover. We're lucky, we have really, really good hose shops out here in Seattle with all the marine and aerospace business in the area.

I've used a different Goodyear fuel host for other cars I have: http://www.goodyearep.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?id=17700 This is also a good hose I think, easy to use where specialty fittings aren't required and reasonably priced.

I think the moral of the story is that no fuel hose lasts forever. Check your fuel hoses, especially those of you using fuel injection in your GT40 where the pressures are higher and there's a very real possibility of fuel misting in your engine bay should a leak spring up.

Last edited:
Back