Lolas, Enduro, BSFC, 25 gallons, and can we win?

Ron

What are the class rules for SPO? I could not find them on the SCCA website. Seems like you would have to run ASR class....and probably not be competitive. I'm curious as it would be wonderful to find a class we could compete in with replicas.

Ron Earp

Admin
ASR tops out at 5L with a 1811lb minimum. That could work out but against everything else in that class it'd be rough. BUT - none of that stuff runs in the enduro at all, so we'd still be a one off even in ASR and have a chance of overall win.

ASR is a regional only class and does not exist everywhere. In fact, I don't know if it exists in the Southeast but will find out. ASR would definitely work for the purposes of getting the car a logbook and in the race if they allow them.

I used to have a SPO list around here and I'll find it. It is (I think) a regional only category with the intent to be similar to this:

Super Production cars will be based on mass-produced automobiles produced for use on public roads or replicas thereof generally fitting the profile of a mass-produced automobile. Other cars may be eligible at the discretion of the Chief Scrutineer and the Chief Steward.Four-wheel (all-wheel) drive is permitted in Super Production classes.All SPx cars must meet GCR 17.4.1 fuel specs.

And other stuff about the cages etc. were similar to Prod. The thing that allows about anything to run in there are those clauses "generally fitting the profile of a mass produced automobile" and "other cars eligible at the discretion....". There is a SPU, under 2.3L, a SPM, which is 2.3L to 5L, and a SPO, which is over 5L.

I couldn't find it in the 2006 GCR either but my attorney buddy and rules man said we're good for it. I know SPO runs in the South a lot with the ground pounding NASCAR motored stockers that are amazingly fast.

Best move this thread to the racing section.

NASA has KC1-5 for kit cars/replicas etc. to race in KC1=100hp, KC2=200hp, etc. However, there isn't a lot of action there I don't think but your mileage might vary. NASA has so many special classes that their run groups might be segmented into 10 classes with each one having 2-3 people competing.

Ron Earp

Admin
jac mac said:
Ron,
Regardless of your 5/8" bolt in the alternator you will still need a stay from it to the water pump or it will eventually fail at the thread where it enters the cyl head.

c

What if I take the tube that offsets the alternator into position and then weld a bracket from the tube over to the waterpump and put a bolt through it at that location? Think that will work? Pretty easy to do.

R

Ron Earp said:
What if I take the tube that offsets the alternator into position and then weld a bracket from the tube over to the waterpump and put a bolt through it at that location? Think that will work? Pretty easy to do.

R

No!!! The stay must go on the front face of the alternator, it wont be the easy way , but it will be the RIGHT WAY. ( and you are going to find a more suitable water pump pulley are you not or do I have to find one here in lil ol NZ and package it in a suitable large container for shipment [ COD of course ] to you.)

Jac Mac

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
We are going to die in tis car.

The guy who posted above about running an Enduro at a sub 2:10 pace is correct. It will result in a beat down for teh driver. I can tell you that there is a huge difference in driver effort between a 2:22 and a 2:26 at VIR in a Spec Miata. Maintaining a 2:22 pace is tough.

It will be "easier" to go fast in the Lola due to straight away speed, but still, 2 hours is a long time to be going that fast.

Honstly, at 1:30 or 1:45, you are already going longer than almost anyone else. That is probably all you need and it keeps the drivers fresher.

Last, we will need to make sure the class we logbook the car in is eligible for the enduro. A lot of classes are not.

Back