Look what I bought instead of a GT40 kit

Well, after a lot of soul searching, I've come to the conclusion that lack of suitable budget, dire lack of spare time and complete lack of any interest or support from 'the minister of domestic affairs' means that I will never be in a position to buy or build a replica GT40. Although I will continue to visit the Forum on a very regular basis and occasionally put in my 'twopenny worth'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

So, instead I have fulfilled a long held ambition to own one of the world's fastest 4 door saloon car ever produced. i.e. the Jaguar XJR V8. 4.0 litre Supercharged V8 with 370 bhp and a 0 - 60 time of 5.3 seconds adds up to a pretty exciting drive. A March 2000 car with 2 owners and 31k miles, it was £54320 new. The last owner paid £25000 for it just under 2 years ago and due to ill health only did around 4000 miles in it. I bought it for less than the price of a 2 year old Mondeo. A lot of car for the money and now that I've reached passed the 50 barrier, sensible insurance as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif It's got everything I ever wanted in a car (apart from a much needed speed camera detector !)and I'm like a kid let loose in a sweet shop !

Ron Earp

Admin
Those are cool cars, drove on a couple years back and they are fast. They can be a lot faster too. Pulley swap on that blower and you'll be grinning from ear to ear! You can swap a five speed in it as well (US versions were automatics only, don't know about you) because I have seen that done. In fact, a couple years ago when I drove the car I was looking at the Jaguar Coupes and researching 5 speed swaps, same parts and same things needed doing. Have fun with her!

Back